The Aftermath

A few weeks passed while staying in the hospital, Y/N stayed alone for most of the time. Honestly, some people did come to visit but they were usually family or close friends. Which consisted of your mom, Ashley, Lillie, Paulie, PJ, and Splash. PJ? Is he really a close friend..? Or is he more..? You weren't certain that's for sure. He did bring you to the hospital and flowers though. Your friends brought you small snacks while your mom came in bawling her eyes out. The doctors had to ask her to calm down or the other patients would hear. That was funny. But despite all that, you couldn't really go anywhere. Yet a few weeks later, almost to a month, the doctor set you free. They did advise that Y/N should at least try to get their love interest to like them and that they might have to try hiding the flowers if needed. Taking the warning, Y/N left for home, awaiting the next school day.

Oh look at that- it's the next school day-
Y/N's POV:
Ew... A headache. And school. Disgusting.
Well the doctor let me out of that white ass hospital. I mean... No racism or anything it's just that.... The walls, floors, beds... Almost everything I saw was legit snow white. It honestly kinda hurt looking at it. But... I'm back at school! More colors I can actually see, thank Toby Fox! But... I dunno... Something.. Felt off. About the school and the people. Yeah, some people asked what happened but some were more... Direct. "Why do you have flowers on your face?" I would basically simplify what my doctor told me and say "I have something called the hanahaki disease? I need to find who I love and get them to love me back before I... Leave... This... World..." ... These conversations were not fun. I try to ignore them as much as possible. But... Something's changed since I came back to school.PJ's been... Afraid of me? I have no idea why though. I mean... He was fine back at the hospital. Except for a few freak out. Really can't blame him though. I was shocked too to be honest. But... It feels like he's purposely trying to not see me. I find it really odd. Maybe it's just me being paranoid or something but... Oh well. Other than that, other things have changed. I can't really eat much. Mainly it's cause of the roots almost reaching the inside of my mouth but there's also the fact that people want to talk to me a lot more too. The teachers especially. Which reminds me I need to talk to Mr. Error and his apparent husband Mr. Ink, the art teacher. Never knew they were married. Apparently they're PJ's parents too. Huh. Ugh... Why do I keep thinking about him? Is it his adorable smile..? The warm gaze he always gives me?? Maybe it's the way we interact with each other! I hear the echo of the bell. "Oh shit- class starts soon." I rush over to my classroom which ironically or... Maybe not- is gym. Which means I get to talk with teachers instead of doing what the others are doing for actual class- either way I step inside to see Mr. Error with his glasses on sitting at a desk while Mr. Ink sits on the desk. I look around to see a few people staring at the two teachers and others were staring at me. I awkwardly waddle over to the desk and gently cough, signaling that I'm present. "Hello Mr. Error- Mr. Ink. I was told to come talk to you?" Mr. Error looks up from whatever he was doing and looks at me. Mr. Ink gets off the desk and places his hands on my shoulders. I wince in slight pain due to the flowers starting to trail down my right shoulder. "Oh. Right. Forgot about that uhhhh- Y/N! How about you come with me while my husband takes care of the others, hm?" I nod and look back again, at the other students. Some of my friends look at me with small smiles and thumbs up. PJ's sitting nearby them and he catches my glimpse and smiles gently. Fuck I love that smile. And POP! I can hear another flower bloom on my shoulder. I slightly cough and when I look at my hand, a few petals appear on my hand. I stare in shock before Mr. Ink covers my hand with his and smiles at me before leading me to a room nearby (never do this I swear it never goes well.) before closing the door and shutting it. I turn away from the door and see a small table with papers scattered around and to the off side a counter with some food, a microwave, and a coffee machine. Huh. "Please, take a seat." I grab a chair and sit down at the table. Mr. Ink surprises himself with the mess that was on the table before tidying up a little. I giggle a bit as he fumbles with the papers. "Haha... Yeah- sorry about the papers- I was working on something earlier and I forgot to clean up. Also I can tell why my son likes you. It's cause of your giggle. Or anything really. Always talking about how cute you are and how he wants to squish that 'adorable little face' of yours. He's a good boy I'll tell you that." As Mr. Ink keeps talking I feel more flowers etching itself in my skin. What the- why's there more flowers wtf- "Uhhhhhhhhh- Mr. Inkkk??? There's more flowers growing on me-" I point to my right arm to see that the flowers were now reaching my wrist. I feel a shudder go up my spine wondering how much time I have left until it's game over. "Oh dear! Um..! This is bad.. This is REALLY bad! Uhhh- Well PJ told me what happened and um... Don't worry! We'll get him to confess soon! Alright? So please- uhh... Try to calm down. Everything'll be ok. Just stay calm. Take deep breaths through your nose, out your mouth." We did that breathing exercise for a bit before I felt a teensy bit light headed. Oh well. Better than growing flowers I guess... I thanked Mr. Ink and left the room to join the others.

A/N:
It's March 16th, meaning it's an anniversary so I need to spend the day off. However worry not for our protagonist, they'll get fine. Eventually. In the meantime, I have another book that DOESN'T have to do with Undertale so get ready for that. I also have classes and all that so that's why I can't really upload as quickly but I hope you still like the story and uh... Yeah! I'll see you soon!