Chapter 1 - Meetings

Snotlout comes across as egocentric and cocky. All he wants to do is make Spitelout proud. But underneath all that I reckon he's got an adorable and caring nature which would deffo come through for the right person.  Plus I don't think there are enough fanfics for this boy. This is my first fanfic so pls be nice 😂 I based the reader character on myself. I have tried to include some fluff.  May potentially be some smut later on - see how I'm feeling.

---

The Dragon Riders were in full swing now. I would always watch them soar over Berk in the mornings. Seems a scary thought, riding a dragon. Maybe one day...

It was a quiet afternoon. I spent the time perfecting your latest dough. Staring aimlessly out of the window, I heard the chatter of the group approaching.

"Hey y/n!" Astrid shouted, waving. Hiccup and the others waved.

"Hey guys!" I replied. Astrid ran over to me and hugged me through the window.

"We're having a feast and a dance tonight for Fishlegs' birthday. Fancy coming?" Astrid asked.

"Go on then," I replied, wiping my floury hands on my apron.

"Nice, see you at 7!" She ran off to join the others.

Being cousins with the twins meant I had known the group my whole life but I were closest to Astrid. We had bonded as children over our fighting spirit and our more straightforward approaches to life. Sadly I hadn't seen her much lately due to her training and my work. I knew Snotlout, Fishlegs and Hiccup, but not that well. Maybe tonight would be a great opportunity to get to know them all better, I thought.

Recently I'd been more busy at the family run bakery. My parents were both important members of the Berk community. My father worked with Gobber on the forge and my mother ran the much loved Berk Bakery. When I turned 16, she decided that I should be more involved in the business and so she entrusted all the deliveries to me. This meant being up with the sun and delivering bread to each home on Berk. Not the job I had in minds as a kid, but it was fun and I got to meet lots of people.