Chapter 20

RAQUEL'S POV

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" Yelled Bucky.

"Did you learn nothing from the last time you woke me up like this!" I teased. I was in a particularly good mood today, I was talking to Pietro and telling him everything!

"You've got a mission!" I sighed in frustration, I guess I'd have to wait to tell Pietro how I felt. "The briefing is in five minutes, be ready!"

I got changed as quickly as I could and took an Advil to help with my hangover. As I got to the meeting room I noticed that the only people there were now, Tony, Steve, Pietro, and Wanda.

"Where's the rest of the team?" I asked.

"The mission is only for you and the twins" Tony stated.

"Are you crazy! You do realize that I've never gone on a mission before, right?"

"You'll be okay. The mission is simple, you are going to go to an event and try to identify any HYDRA members, if you spot them you aren't supposed to engage." Steve explained.

It sounded simple enough, "When are we leaving?"

"Right now, the event is tonight. The jet will take you to Germany and you'll be provided with everything you need once you arrive." Tony explained.

"The jet is already ready, you'll be leaving in five!" Steve added.

I was really nervous about the mission, it seemed easy and not at all dangerous but still. I was a bit upset about having to hold back my talk with Pietro, all I wanted to do was tell him how I feel.

I was about to leave the meeting room when Pietro stopped me, we were the only ones left. "Hey! What's up?" I asked.

"I just... I really wanted to talk to you about that night," I was really nervous that he would say that he only saw me as a friend, or that we should just leave it like it is now.

I bit my lips nervously, wringing my hands together wondering what to say, "Trust me when I say I want to talk, but right now, we should focus on the mission, I don't want to mess it up," I said. A look of disappointment washed over both our faces, I stepped forward and took his hand in mine. He gave me a reassuring smile and squeezed my hands before letting go and walked out of the door, swinging it shut only to open it again.

"Come on shorty, aren't you coming" he teased smirking. I chuckled and followed him to the jet.

(TIME JUMP)

Pietro sighed for the third time that minute, earning a glare from Wanda. He pressed his lips in a thin line and started tapping his foot impatiently as Wanda let out a groan. I couldn't really blame him for being impatient - at least not this time, we had been standing outside of the gate for over fifteen minutes now. The guard still wasn't convinced that we had been invited.

The three of us were dressed up - Wanda and I in long fancy dressed and Pietro in a suit - to attend an auction held at Han Schneider's house. We were going in undercover, we all found that exciting. However, the party that we definitely hadn't anticipated was having to wait outside the gate for so long, as the guard checked our fake IDs over and over again.

I pressed my lips into a thin line in frustration as the man smiled, allowing other guests to go past us.

"I'm sorry but there seems to be a problem with your invitation," the guard said with a rather stupid look of confusion on his face. There was nothing wrong with the card. He must have thought I was just as stupid and ignorant as the rich people marching up the well-groomed lawn, wearing their best jewelry and expensive dresses.