Chapter 7

"Hey... what's your middle name?" Mae asked as the two were walking along a well known brick walkway.

"Huh? Why do you want to know something as useless as that?" Lloyd asked, looking down at her.

"Might be useful in the future, you never know." She said, looking up at him.

The male sighed, "It's Julius, I think..." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"Ah, named after Julius Caesar, I'm guessing." The blue eyed girl said.

"No, it's named after my... father..." He stopped walking and his tone of voice changed.

"...What's wrong...?" She inquired, lifting an eyebrow, and stopping as well.

He shook his head, "nothing... it's just... I think I forgot something back at my apartment..."

He's lying but... I don't want to ask him about it... his tone of voice changed... so he probably won't want to talk about it- The raven haired young woman thought.

"You know I'm lying. So why aren't you calling me out on it?" The male questioned.

"Because I didn't want you to scare me. To put it in simple terms." Mae explained.

"Scare you?" The white haired male asked, a bit confused.

"People are scary when they're angry, so if I made you mad you would've been scary." She explained. "And you're my friend, so I don't want to make you upset in general..."

She'd think I'd be scary huh...? He thought, Lloyd shook his head, as he continued walking. "What's your's?"

"...I thought they were useless...?" The raven haired young woman said as she followed beside him.

"Just answer the question." The light green eyed male said, starting to get annoyed.

"It's Cynthia." Mae answered.

"What kind of middle name is that?" Lloyd asked.

"That's rude...! It was taken after my dad's mother's name... just before she... um..." The blue eyed female stopped speaking.

"Ah... I understand. Shit, sorry must've been hard on your dad." The whisper white haired male said.

The young woman shrugged. "Yeah... but... he got through it I believe... how would I know though...? I was just a baby..." she let out a weak laugh.

"... I've been meaning to ask... and since we're already into depression rants anyways... you said you wanted 'your say' in the household... are you not allowed to speak?" Lloyd asked.

"It's not that I'm not allowed to speak, it's more that I can never get a word out." Mae shrugged again.

"Why? Because of your parents and siblings?" Lloyd lifted an eyebrow.

"Kind of... and sometimes the neighbors will come over too... then it gets louder and it just... gets harder and harder to speak... you know...?" She explained.

"I'd say come over, but where I live, you have a nice probability of getting killed." The young man shrugged.

"Huh...?! But I've come over before multiple times and I'm still alive." The dark haired female said, shocked.

"Yeah because you didn't let me finish saying that you had a sixty percent chance of death." Lloyd said.

"...I don't like that I didn't see any flickering..." She said before sighing, "...but I'll keep taking my forty..." Mae let out a small laugh.