Chapter 8 (Part 2)

The next morning I woke up in a panic. The room was too quiet. I realized the sounds of Hades breathing, which had put me to sleep the night before, wasn't filling the small space of the room. My eyes shot open instantly. I jumped out of bed, cursing loudly. My mind fearing the worst caused my instincts to kick in. Surveying my surroundings, I put together what I could from the scene around me. 

1. Hades scent was still in the air, so that meant he hadn't been gone too long. I could possibly still track his scent if I hurried.

2. Hades bag was thrown on his bed, and his belongings were haphazardly strewn around the room.

3. There was no other scent that lingered in the room, but that didn't mean the attacker hadn't used a cloaking spell. It could possibly be someone who has no scent, like a night elf.

4. There were no clear signs of a struggle, so I shouldn't have been freaking out in the first place. 

5. Anxiety over the fact that the Alpha was missing was starting to set in.

What if Hades had decided to go after the Rouge by himself? No, that didn't make any sense because he left his bag. What if he went for a morning run in the woods and the humans saw him shift. Hades didn't seem familiar enough with humans to make clear decisions on where he could and could not do as he pleases. This was a fatal flaw in most Alphas. They just weren't equipped for dealing with the lesser species. I had to hurry if I wanted to find that stupid male. Just as I grabbed my gun to put it in its holster the door opened. My breath hitched in my throat and the gun was aimed at whoever was going to enter through the slightly cracked door. Hades entered the room seconds later with a tray of  drinks in one hand and a paper bag in the other.

He froze in his spot when he saw the deadly weapon aimed at his head. I let out a small breath that I hadn't realized I was holding. Hades walked in slowly and placed the items down on a small table. "You mind putting the gun down?" 

I blinked and glanced at the gun before swiftly putting it in its holster. I cleared my throat as awkwardness washed over me. I grunted out a quick "Sorry."

"You want to explain?" Hades took a cup out of the holder and handed it to me.

 My newly free hands took the cup, needing to hold on to something. I wondered why I had been so worried. It's not like he was defenseless or anything. I brushed it off as nothing more then my constant worry for Zeke projecting onto Hades. After all I was technically in charge of getting him back to his pack safely.  

"Nope I'm good." I said with a slight shake of my head. 

Hades started to unpack the food, handing me some items at he went. "Okay."

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes. I hadn't expected him to let the subject go so easily, but then again I couldn't really expect anything from someone I hardly knew. We ate in silence for a few minutes. I sighed and got up to throw away my trash. Hades eyes tracked me as I moved around the room. I suspected that he might ask me about this incident again soon, but for now I was glad he wasn't saying anything. Hades got up and started to tidy up the room. I went to the bathroom and changed into fresh clothes. When I came back out Hades had both our bags slung across his shoulders. 

"We better head out." He said as he grabbed the keys. I went to the nightstand and grabbed the Rouge file. We got into the car after Hades checked us out of the motel. 

"The last sighting reported is just a couple miles east of here." I said. Hades nodding in response, and we began our drive. After finding out that Lycan-Werewolf breeds caused the children to turn into Rouges, the Lycans outlawed any unions between our species. There was no telling how many hybrid babies had been born in the years prior. The Lycans had tried to track family trees to see if they could get a conclusive list, but they were unsuccessful. I couldn't help but wonder how the Moon Goddess couldn't foresee this happening in the first place. Did she not care enough to send a warning, or at the very least make it impossible for us to procreate so we didn't make these monsters?