Plainly, The Beginning Part 2

Got too impatient and tired to proof read. Hopefully it's good :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plainly, The Beginning Part 2

1886

"Wha... what the bloody hell is going on here!" Steven Harker's shout burst out in a wail, and at the end it cracked to a higher pitch.

When he looked over the edge, he saw many abhorrent things all at once.

Bloody, dead bodies.

Two people, two horses.

Around the flipped carriage.

A woman's lower half stuck out from where the door was supposed to be. One of the pale feet from under her dress bent at an unnatural angle. And just as pale, the body's hand gripped the edge of opening.

A man's mangled body.

Three blood-smeared stakes of wood speared through his mouth, chest, and abdomen. The horses lay flat and dead, bloody wood protruding from one's neck.

Steven felt the sharp, acid taste of bile touch the back of his throat. Lucky him that nothing actually came up.

This was the worst night of his life.

"Well? Hell are you so damn silent all o' a sudden?" a rough, harsh voice barked at him from the disturbing sight

The bloodshed was so brutal... Steven didn't even register that there was an alive and well man there. Along with an alive and well woman.

He hadn't even realized how long he had spent staring.

It had to a whole two minutes of his brain attempting to process what his eyes were seeing.

Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down.

Just don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't look at it.

Act like a damned proper, brave, and well-bred gentleman. Get the hell down there.

Finally, Steven looked away from the grotesque scene, averting his eyes to address the man down below. He was fat and stumpy. And he looked old. A full white, but dirty beard grew on his face. The woman that stood by his side was dark haired and much younger looking...

And they both hovered over the body of a much wealthier looking man. Like buzzards over another animal's fresh kill.

"There's no need to fuss, old man." Steven snapped at the man with a force that surprised himself. "Does it kill to give a man time to assess this repulsive of an accident?" he made sure to emphasize the word 'repulsive'. How in heaven's name can they both be so nonchalant? How long have they been here?

Crying...

Steven could hear a baby crying. Somewhere inside the carriage. Hopefully the poor thing was alright.

With that thought, Steven Harker looked directly below him, at the slope that led down to the patch of land. The slope must've been at least 3 meters. And what made it worse was the mud.

Eyes trailing down, he couldn't help but notice the sight of something near its base. A bush? Of flowers? A... rosebush?

Well, it certainly looked like a rosebush. And a considerably large and beautiful one it was. What other kind of flower grew in bushes?