I like you

Larimar was scrolling through Pinterest trying to find a new wallpaper for her home screen. As she passed by a picture of a pretty magnolia tree, she received a message from Renie. It read:

R: Hey, wanna come over today? It's St. Val's and I have nothing to do seen as nobody is appreciating this beautiful face once again for the seventeenth year in a row...ahaha.

Larimar laughed a bit before responding back:

L: yeah sure! I also have nothing to do. I'll be over in a bit.

After confirming with Renie and gathering all of her belongings for her night aka three pounds of chocolate, her small yet shiny karaoke machine, and her face mask machine. As she walked downstairs, she bumped into her mother who asked where she was headed.

"Oh, I'm just going to see Renie. We are going to watch a movie and have a sleepover."

"Hmm, sure," her mother laughed, eyes looking sneakily at her daughter, "I hope you're not just sneaking off with some boy from your class," she finished, wiggling her eyebrows.

Oh no, here we go again, thought Larimar. Now you see, the thing is that Larimar has never told her mother about any of her crushes. Her girl crushes specifically. Her pure innocent mother believes that Larimar is straighter than a ruler...more like a bendable ruler. Larimar has fortunately been able to get away from her mother's clutches and her arranged dates because of school.

Their conversations usually went a little bit like this:

Larimar sighed for the fifth time in the past twenty minutes before looking at her mother.

"Ma, I already told you. I'm focused on school right now, I just want to finish my last year of high school and not get distracted. Boys are distractions, I don't need that."

Her mother shook her head at her stubborn and hard-working daughter before saying, "I know, mi amor but I still want you to take a break and have fun. I want you to not be so hard on yourself and open yourself up to other people."

But back to the present. Larimar is still standing in front of her mother, clutching the bag in her hand tightly, trying to find the easiest way to leave her house. She could either run to the back of the house and run around to the front where the chances of her mother catching her are slim. Another option is going under her mother's arms and zooming out of her house. What would you do?

Larimar, a typical teenager with half a brain cell left, decided that risking her life was worth it and so she went through the front door.

Three blocks away from her house she could still hear her mother's threats of throwing her chancleta at her.

After running for a few more minutes she finally reached the turquoise house at the end of the block. She knocked three times and waited for the brunette girl to answer the door.

"Lari! You're finally here. I've been waiting for so long. I felt like my other half was missing. My heart was broken. I was crying so much. God, literal buckets of tears are on my floor right now."

Larimar waited for her friend to finish her theatrics, already accustomed to the walking drama queen that is Renie.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would like to thank my mother, my sister, and most of all, the love of my life, Larim-"

"Shut up," said Larimar, rushing over to place her hand over Renie's mouth.

The two stared at each other, eyes slowly forming into a glare.

"Renie, don't you dare. I know that look on your face. Don't do it-"

"Ah! You disgusting idiot, why would you do that?!," yelled Larimar whilst trying to wipe her hand down on her jeans, effectively getting rid of Renie's saliva that was there mere seconds ago.