37

"Hey Kenma, sorry I'm a bit late."

He sighs, and judges my whole existence. "Hey, I was only waiting for an hour. Thanks." I furrow my brows, and he simply stares at me, pointing to the chair across him for me to sit. "I'll order coffee for you. What would you like to have?"

"Iced Americano.. thanks." He nods, and heads to the counter.

After he proposed, my mind went blank and I couldn't answer. I ran away and went back to the Takahashi's to sleep over. I didn't think it was appropriate to propose right when we haven't properly reconciled yet. I appreciate the effort for the whole setting last night, but I didn't think that he would do that. I don't even know why I ran away. He was crying and I wanted to comfort him, but everything went blank.

Kenma gets back, and he's on the phone. He's been busy, and unreachable. I don't even know why he called me out for today. He just randomly called and said that he wants to meet me, and ended the call right after. He just messaged me that he wanted to meet here, which wasn't actually easy to find. I don't come here that often, so I'm unfamiliar with the area, and he just had to pick some place I don't go to.

"Two Iced Americanos." Kenma puts mine in front of me, and drinks his still just talking on the phone.

"Yamashita, you're already on break. I'll decide when to let Hana go once the interns come. I understand that you want to take care of the twins, but there's no one to replace your wife—Anyone but Rikane." He looks so stressed with work. How does Misaki help her boyfriend when he's stressed? "Sorry. Work things."

"Yamashita.... The guy who Misaki met at Setagaya City works for you?" He nods as he drinks his coffee, and finally puts his phone down to face me. "I assume you have work to do, so we should uhm.."

"I heard you ran away." I should have expected this. "Why would you run away from a proposal? He's not a beast." I avert my attention to something else, and he sighs. "He came over at the middle of the night... I think he was drunk? I don't know. I was half-awake. Misaki's been the only one who came to my place at 2 AM—about 5 years ago."

"He was drunk? We drank only two glasses of wine." He shot me a look, totally trying to make me feel guilty. "So, what happened?"

"What else do you think happened?" I'm this close to leaving. "He kept crying, and kept saying things but I understood nothing. But, he did beg me to tell you something. I don't even have anything to say to you."

"Then why call me to meet you?" He shrugs, and I sigh. "You're sticking up to being unreasonable."

"Of course I was kidding. I don't schedule meetings without a reason." Only when it's Misaki. "I know what you're thinking about—anyway. I think you're misunderstanding your boyfriend." I raise a brow, and he looks so convinced now. "By the way, did I mention anything about him having a panic attack? And that I had to bring him to the hospital because it wasn't going well?"

Panic.. attack? "Since when has he had panic attacks? Between us it was me." He shook his head, and I could only drink more coffee. "Since when? He was always the one helping me out.... he has never had any panic attacks from what I've noticed..."

"Every time you two fight." So that means.. when he made a loud thud, and when we were talking last night... the reason for him stuttering, crying, and fidgeting.. was because of a panic attack. "And really, you're misunderstanding his point for not letting you. I am against the fact that he's keeping you here, but he has his reasons. I have a hunch, but I'm not certain, so I won't say anything. He should be the one telling you."