ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

KAI MADE A SOUND OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT in the back of his throat at the end of the story. "So, in short, it's about a professor who made a young, skinny, orphan, and abused boy fight an all-powerful wizard."

"What? ― No!" Katherine sputtered.

Kol clicked his tongue in disapproval, and just when Katherine thought he would put some sense into the siphoner, he proved her wrong too. "Well, it's more like a story about a reckless teenager who never understood where the line between sacrifice and self-slaughter is drawn."

"Ah!" Kai hummed in response.

"My god!" Katherine moaned in distraught from the passenger cabin in the back row. "You have ruined it. I never thought it was possible― but you guys destroyed Harry Potter for me."

Kai and Kol half-shrugged at each other and chose to stay silent.

And not a moment later, Kai declared loudly, over the noise of the helicopter's rotors, "We are here," when the island of Nova Scotia came into their view.

After showing the magical knife Jo had locked away her magic in, Katherine asked Kai to help find the grimoires the Gemini Coven had about the Travelers. With Kai's ability to do magic once again, uncloaking and getting his hands on a different variety of books had been easy.

Katherine had spent the better part of the night at the Parker house going through all the grimoires she found necessary, while Kai had gone through maps and all the routes that would get them to Nova Scotia with Kol helping them both when needed. When the first light of dawn broke, they loaded everything they would need into the helicopter. And only when Kai checked the fuel and other necessary functionalities of the plane and approved it for their journey did they set off.

It took them a solid three hours to reach the island of Nova Scotia from Portland, Oregon, and halfway through the ride, somehow, the conversation stopped over the differences between wizards and warlocks. And when Katherine remembered 1994 doesn't have Harry Potter, she decided to introduce the book series to Kai Parker and then gone over a detailed explanation of the magical world, only to backfire in her face at the end of it all.

But, really, though, what more can she possibly expect from a narcissistic psychopath and sociopath.

As soon as they landed on a flat clearing without any difficulties, the two vampires got off the plane and let off a relieved breath. They wasted no time in seeking the tomb.

Katherine walked half a pace ahead of the two with a map in her dainty hands, leading them on the marked path that will point them to Silas's tomb, hidden within the depths of the island.

"Are we even going in the correct direction," Kai began in a loud voice as he tried not to trip over a fallen sapling.

"I am sure," Katherine said with certainty, her voice echoing off the trees. "I have memorized this place over a hundred times. I know where I am going."