C H A P T E R - 20

BROOK'S POV
Okay, I managed to make all dinner. A few appetizers, no first course but we go directly to the second, with strips of chicken, fried meatballs, and lastly I prepared with my hands - which is not at all easy - the millefeuille which is his favorite dessert. I give him the present before the dessert, even if I am not yet entirely sure of my decision.

JACK'S POV
Brook has been in the kitchen for more than two hours that he has been dealing with pots, bowls, food, everything and more! Every now and then there is an absurd mess, but he yells at me from downstairs that everything is fine and that he doesn't need my help... do you understand who I am dealing with?

Obviously he didn't want me to go into cooking for any reason in the world.So I was forced to relax on the bed, or at least that's what he thinks. What did I actually do? I used this time to make a video with all our photos and some videos that we have made in the last year. I also added a song: "Say you won't let go". This is the second time in my life that I have had a work like this so I have no idea how it could have come about.

"Jaaack is ready!" 

As I go down the stairs I feel a slight smell of burning becoming more and more intense ... oh my Lord, what has he done?

"Brook what is this smell?" 

"Don't worry. Do you remember the fake plant that was there? " he says as if nothing had happened.

"Yup..."

"Burned" oh shit ... at least the house didn't burn, probably he thinks I should also thank him for that.

"But how?"

"Come on, now it's not important"

***

The dinner he cooked was really good. Everything from appetizers to meat! Now I'm full as I don't know what and I don't think I'll be able to get anything else into my poor tummy.I decided to give him the ring after showing him the video and I admit I have a bit of fear regarding his reaction.

"Okay, now there's the dessert""The dessert?!"

"Exactly, but first there is a sort of pre-dessert"

"What is that?" what is he talking about?

BROOK'S POV
It's tiiiime! I'm going to get the ring from my nightstand drawer, I hid it in a sock... obviously clean!

I let out and see him with a "what's going on" expression on his face.

I sit in my place, in front of him, take his hand and begin to speak.

"Jack, I loved you from the first moment I saw you. Then my heart knew something my brain didn't know, it knew I loved you. It took more than ten years to get us together, but now we're here, hand in hand, celebrating our second month of engagement. Two months isn't a long time, but 14 years are. Jack Duff "I take the ring from my pocket and open it in front of his eyes" Would you like to wear this ring on your finger, a bit like a sort of promise? " he says nothing, gets up, goes to the room and comes back after less than a minute.

"Brooklyn" he holds out his finger to me and I put the ring on him "Yes, Brook yes!" he takes my face in his hands and kisses me passionately.

"But now I have to give you my present" he gets up again, goes to the bedroom and comes back with his computer in hand. He opens it and instantly starts a video entirely dedicated to the two of us and with our favorite song underneath.

Tears of joy run down my cheeks and I wipe them with the sleeve of my shirt. After the video, now, it's I who kiss him passionately.

"Wait" he breaks away from the kiss "It's not over here" "Obviously we are connected by a kind of telepathy" I don't have time to reply that he takes a blue velvet box out of his pocket, opens it and in front of me I find a beautiful ring

"Oh Jack, I wasn't expecting it" I get up and kiss him with all the passion I have in my body, although I want to stop, I can't.

JACK'S POV
The kiss becomes more and more passionate and eager, he sits on my legs and takes my face in his hands without detaching his lips from mine by a single millimeter.

"I love you" I say between kisses

"I love you too"

I go down to kiss his neck and he arches slightly leaving me more space. The thing is getting more and more hot, I would like to stop but I can't.

"Jacky" he gasps.

I do not stop kissing him on the neck, with every little touch he moans and it turns me on a lot.I understand that it could go further and I detach myself by remembering the words of this morning.

"Maybe it's better to stop"

I leave him one last kiss, he gets up and takes the cake from the fridge. He puts it on the table and I can't believe my eyes "Nooo, you made me the millefeuille!" I get up and leave him a kiss on the cheek "I'm the luckiest guy in the world" I say smiling. 

"You're wrong, I am the luckiest guy in the world"

Our hands are intertwined and the rings touch. We both smile and look almost enchanted.

"It fits you perfectly"

"Same yours babe"