Chapter 39 : Divide and patrol

*Beep* this is a recorded message *beep*

Hi guys this blackstar the authoress, The reason I am not here is that I don't want to be killed for updating late and the second reason is that I am uploading this between all of my work.

I am sorry for the late update but believe the entire vacation I didn't have a moment rest.

Anyway without further ado here is the new chapter please vote and comment.

Kakashi Pov

'I wasn't sure why I those two were placed together or why I was the one who ended up being the leader of their team but those two were really getting on my nerves' I thought as I tried to ignore the bickering coming from the two behind me.

We were making our way to the north side of the village and while Takao and Naruto kept throwing insults at each other. 'I swear if we weren't moving they probably would be swinging fists at each other by now'

One thing I noticed clearly as we jumped from roof to roof was really how empty the streets were.  There were only a few passers that could be easily counted on one hand; most of the houses had their windows closed as well as the doors. 'Everyone is pretty scared from the attacks; after all they're not used to any fighting'

"COULD YOU TWO SHUT UP!!!" Sakura bellowed at the two with veins on her head.

"I would if the baka would stop" Naruto replied.

"Don't you call me a baka, brat!" Takao retorted but they didn't really get any more chances as Sakura stopped turned around and hit them both on the head.

"ow!" Takao said holding his head "she's even stronger than Yumi-chan"

"You have no idea how strong she is" Naruto told him clutching his own head.

I was more focused on the scene in front of me, we were almost at the edge of the village but from this point most of the houses were destroyed, had scorch marks, or were completely burned down.

"This place…" Sakura whispered as noticed the scene.

"That's what happened during the second attack" Takao explained I noticed he clenched his hand while speaking. "This where most of the attackers came from, if it weren't for the birds of the mountain we would probably have had lots of fatalities."

"Orochimaru!! That guy has to pay for what he did!" Naruto said angrily clenching his fists.

"We'll make sure this village is peaceful again in not time you three so let's get going" I told them as I jumped off the roof.

Yumiko Pov

"Kiba, smell anything?" Asuma-san questioned as he turned to Kiba who shook her head. Asuma sighed in return as he held his cigarette in his hand.

"Since right now we've got nothing; Yumiko why don't you tell us again what happened during the attack" he told me.

"The first attack was over quickly, no one was hurt in that one I guess it was more of them scouting than attacking." I spoke quietly and timidly "The second one that was when hell broke loose, they came from the northern side in big numbers, they started by attacking and burning the houses on that side." I told them as the events of that day played in my head.

"We immediately went there we tried to fight as hard as we could, but the three of us were no match for them we needed all three of us to take down at least one of them" I continued "If it weren't for The birds of the mountain coming at the right time everyone who was in that area would probably be dead.