Part 15 - Saige

Asher and I bolted away from the Power Hunters. We pulled our weapons out and fired behind us, hitting several of them in the process. We ran through the front gate and hopped in our vehicle. Dan was still passed out. Asher started the car and drove backwards out of the small road. Up ahead of us Power Hunters gave chase in there military style off-road jeeps. I rolled down the window and shot at them as they gained on us. They began to return fire as we neared the road. Bullets wizzed past me as I kept firing at them.

We came into a clearing on the road, I slid back into the car as Asher popped the car into drive and sped away. The Power Hunters were still on our asses.

"Here take this!" Asher said as he handed me a rifle.

I leaned out the window again and shot at the Power Hunters. There were at least seven Jeep's behind us. I aimed lower and shot at the tires of the jeep in front of the group. The tire popped and the driver steered out of control, crashing into three of the other jeeps. I kept firing until my rifle started to click.

"I'm out it ammo!" I yelled to Asher.

I slid back into the car. We were nearing Beaumont again.

"Where the hell are we going?" I asked

"We can't leave Randall, he's gotta be going to Lumberton!" He said.

Asher weaved around cars. There was a police car driving in front of us. As we sped passed the officer he turned on his lights and began to pursue us. Asher stepped on the gas peddle. We zipped along the highway with the cops and Power Hunters on us. Just then there were several gunshots. I turned around and saw the cop car roll over as it spun out of control.

The jeeps kept on our tails hard. How the hell were we going to get out of this.