1

"Thank you for letting me stay here. I couldn't stand it at home." Jungkook mumbled, throwing himself onto Jimin's bed.

Their lives were quite the opposite. Jimin had the picture perfect family, and he lived in the rich part of town. Jungkook, on the other hand, had the worst possible parents, living in the deteriorating attic of their shitty home.

"You don't need to thank me. My home is yours." Jimin responded, not even blinking up from the book he was reading. Although he was a bit startled at how quietly Jungkook crept into his room, he didn't show it.

"What are you reading?" Jungkook yawned, laying his head against the other's thigh, his eyes fluttering shut as he relaxed for the first time since he woke up that day.

"A Thousand Splendid Suns." Jimin mumbled, finally placing his bookmark in the last page he read, before closing the book, placing it on his nightstand table. He pulled his glasses off as well, before placing them on top of the book delicately. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook couldn't help but smile. He adored his best friend. No matter what, Jimin would always care for him, and that was more than enough to make his shitty life light up.

"I am." He opened his eyes, blinking up at Jimin. "Are you?"

"Mhm.." Jimin trailed off, rubbing his eyes with his balled fists. "I gotta get ready for bed. It's almost one, we shouldn't be awa-"

"Let's go out." Jungkook cut him off, sitting up quickly.

"To the garden?" Jimin raised his eyebrow.

Jungkook shook his head with a mischievous grin. It made Jimin feel safe, for some odd reason. It seemed like a terrible idea, but he was already nodding along.

Jimin stood up, replacing his plaid pyjama pants with a pair of black sweatpants, deciding to leave his t-shirt on, simply putting a hoodie on top. "Where are we going?" He asked, tugging a pair of running shoes on.

"Wherever our legs take us." Jungkook didn't bother to change. He was already wearing clothes appropriate for the outside, which was a pair of ripped jeans, along with a black hoodie. Simple, but he didn't really like spending time on outfits.

Jimin didn't respond. He followed Jungkook downstairs silently, his phone clutched in his hand tightly. Jungkook shut the front door behind both of them carefully, before locking it with the spare key he owned.

As soon as they passed the gate protecting Jimin's front yard, Jungkook began to run down the empty road, cheering loudly. Jimin squeaked in surprise, instantly running after him, thankful for the fact that he wore the appropriate shoes.

"Slow down!" He finally gasped out, struggling to catch his breath as they finished running down the whole neighbourhood, his cheeks tinted pink.

Jungkook slowed down, as requested. He turned around with a wild grin, chest heaving up and down. "C'mon, let's go there." He pointed behind him, which was the entrance to the park, leading into the forest.

Jimin looked up, before frowning slightly, an uneasy feeling settling in his stomach. He shook his head slightly, afraid to admit that he was feeling scared. Jungkook seemed to understand, however.

"I'll hold your hand. Please? We don't have to go in deep." Jungkook whispered, walking closer, cupping his cheeks.

Jimin stared into his sparkling eyes, before nodding carefully, his hair falling into his own eyes. "Okay.." He agreed breathlessly, a small smile soon appearing on his face when a delicate kiss was pressed against his forehead.

Jungkook grabbed his smaller hand, before they began to walk towards the park, soon disappearing behind the dark trees.

It was the second week of summer. The sun had managed to make Yoongi sweat his ass off, even if he was shirtless and on his balcony, which is why he was outside. The forest sheltered him from the blazing heat, and provided a bit of a decent breeze.

Yoongi didn't pay attention to the time, too caught up in his book. He only noticed it had grown dark when he finished reading, looking around with a small frown. It was freezing. He put his small t-shirt back on, but it didn't do much to protect him from the cold. Why was weather always a bitch?

He looked down at his phone, sighing at the time. 1 in the morning. Standing up, he dusted his black jeans off, before making his way down the dark forest, hoping he'd find his way out. He didn't want to think ahead too much, which is why he wasn't feeling worried.

Yoongi eventually stumbled across a pile of wooden planks, along with numerous piles of leaves. He tilted his head to the side curiously, before shining his flash on it, eyebrows raising in surprise. Three backpacks laid on the ground, along with two bottles of vodka nestled in between them.

"Hello..?" He called out softly, looking around. "I'm a bit lost. Could anyone tell me where the exit is?"

Silence. He waited a few seconds, but nothing was heard. He walked around, looking for anyone to help, but he seemed to be all alone in that area. Yoongi eventually shrugged his shoulders, and bent down to pick one of the bottles up, unscrewing the cap, before taking a small sip, grimacing at the feeling and taste of it.

It's not like he had anything to risk. His life was so boring to the point where nothing would bother him. Anything was a distraction in his eyes. So, meeting a potential kidnapper or a wild animal was the least of his worries. He sat down on the ground, taking tiny sips of the giant bottle.

"We should turn back around. We could get lost.." Jimin tugged on Jungkook's sleeve, squeaking as he stepped in some more mud.

"Alright.." Jungkook sighed in defeat, clearly disappointed in the fact that they hadn't discovered anything remotely interesting.

"Don't pout. We'll watch a movie and have ice cream." Jimin smiled, turning back around.

Jungkook simply hummed in response, letting Jimin guide them both back out. "Vanilla or chocolate?"

"Obviously the best flavour-" Jimin and Jungkook both stopped in their tracks as he was cut off by a loud sneeze.

Jimin spun around with widened eyes, his hand tightening it's grip on Jungkook's. "Please tell me that was you.." He exhaled, even though they both know it wasn't.

Jungkook didn't respond. Instead, he turned around, turning the flash on his phone on. They walked forward wordlessly, searching for the source.

Wooden planks piled on top of each other came into view, along with piles of leaves. "What the.." Jungkook trailed off, his flash soon landing on a passed out figure. He parted his lips in shock, staring at the half empty bottle of vodka clutched in the pale boy's hand, his thin t-shirt exposing the soft skin of his lower stomach.

"Is he... dead?" Jimin questioned curiously, peeking behind Jungkook, almost as if the boy would jump up and attack them.

"No fucking clue." Jungkook exhaled, leaning forward to examine if his chest was rising up and down.

The boy began to groan, sitting up weakly, his hands coming up to rub at his eyes. "Get your fucking flash out of my eyes.." He rasped out, his words slurred, and slow.

"Sorry." Jungkook blinked, his tone unapologetic. "Why are you here?"

The boy sat up properly, his rosy cheeks indicating he was definitely not frozen to death, but clearly cold. He chuckled softly, fluffy hair falling into his eyes. "To fuck your mom. Why're you here?"

Jimin gasped at the rude response, eyes widening. Jungkook didn't seem phased, however. He simply rolled his eyes, before leaning in to grab the bottle, handing it to Jimin. "You're going to poison yourself and die if you drink any more."

Yoongi was stunned with silence. He wasn't sure if anyone had ever actually cared about him, which is why it was such a foreign concept to him. He knew that he could get poisoned, which is why he stopped drinking to take a nap. He found out the hard way, when he got drunk at a random party, with no one to help him when he had accidentally drank too much. A small grin spread across his lips, his legs folding into a criss cross position.

"That's the whole point, buddy."