Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was ready for work and walked in the office building. I greeted everyone who greeted me.

I hang my coat and headed to the office. I knocked three times, as always, and walked in. I place the black coffee on the desk. David was already sitting at his place.

" Good morning, David! " I said and sat on one of the chairs. " Good morning, Melanie! " he said back. " Is something wrong? " I asked. " Oh, no. Everything is fine. It's just... you won't be here. " he said.

WHAT?!

" What do you mean, I won't be here? Are you or Charlotte firing me? " I asked with shock. " OH GOD, NO! Of course not! Don't you ever think like that. You are the best PA, that has ever worked here. We could never fire you. " David said. " Then what is it? Why won't I be here? " I asked. " Today's the charity ball. And today, you will take your friend, Cassandra, and will have a day at spa and you will buy a great gown for tonight." David said.

" But..." I started. " No buts. Go and have a rest. You need to look fabulous for tonight. " he said. " And I already called Cassandra. She will be..." he was cut off by the door. I turned around and saw my best friend walking through the door. I got up and we hugged.

" Hey, babe! Ready to go? " she asked. I looked at David. He just nodded. I sighed. " I guess I am. "

First we visited the mall. Cassandra knew a shop for elegant gowns. When I saw, the shop, I froze in the spot. I knew the title. It was the best gown shop in the world. I mean, every rich person shopped in here. 

I didn't even get to looked at one dress, when Cass put a pile of dresses on my hands. " Go! Try them on! " she demanded and I walked to the dressing room.

I slipped off my work clothes and pulled on the first dress. It was black with sleeves and the back was cut out. It came very tight on the chest area and waist. But down from the waist it was all flowy.

I opened the curtains and stepped out.

" Oh, Dear Lord! Burn that thing! " Cassandra yelled and I quickly got back in and closed the curtains.

The next one was pink. This one was thighter than the previous one. It had short sleeves, but this one had the back. From the waist it was still tight. I could barely breathe and move. I opened the curtains. " I can't breathe. " I said. " Then change. We don't have all day, babe! " she said and I closed the curtains.

I was trying on many dresses. Some of them were too loose and some of them were too tight. I was putting on my last dress.

It was blue and starpless. The chest heart shaped. It was mid-tight and the sides were cut out. And they were making an 'x' on the back. It had silver lines around the cut sides. It had a long split, that showed my left leg.

I walked out of the dressing room. Cassandra was looking for other dresses. I walked where she was and stood. " I'm ready! " I said. Everyone in the shop looked at me.

" Oh, my. I know who is going to be crawling to your feet! " Cass said. I heard whistles and I looked to the exit. There were young boys standing and whistling to me. I instantly was crimson red.

" Melanie, we just found your dress. " Cassy said and smiled.

After we bought the dress, we headed to spa. Cassandra knew a great place and we were going there.

" Hey, Jess! I called you earlier. Are they ready? " Cassandra asked to a girl. She was in our age. " Yes. Emily will show you the way and you can get ready. They will be ready in 10 minutes. " she said and Cassy nodded.