The Hogwarts Express

Emily felt her eyes flutter open and turned to look at the clock on the bedside table next to her. Her eyes danced on the red flashing numbers and a loud groan fell from her lips. 5:39.

Time to get the hell up. She rolled onto her back, her eyes staring up at the ceiling above. There were small glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling, perfectly placed to look like actual constilations. She had always had a small obsession with astronomy.

Today was the day. The first day of term, she was finally going to Hogwarts. This was it. She let out one last groan before sitting up and swinging her legs over the side of the bed, allowing her feet to fall on the cool wooden floor, sending chills up her spine. She looked over to the corner of the room where all of her stuff was stacked on top of her packed suitcase.

"you ready Seb?" the girl asked her owl as she reached out and pat the owl who was sitting in its cage on her bedside table with the door wide open. The owl let out a coo of content and opened its eyes slowly, "its a big day today buddy!"

She quickly made her way out of the cupboard and pulled out some muggle clothes. She wore a simple striped shirt and some jeans along with a pair of black trainers, she figured she would wait till she was on the train to get changed into her robes, she would look pretty funny walking around in robes in the muggle world.

The girl practically skipped down the stairs of her home, tripping on the last few steps but thankfully grabbing onto the hand rail and stopping herself from face planting on the floor. She could hear cluttering from the kitchen and made her way in, seeing her mum in the kitchen making breakfast 

"Need any help mum?" the girl asked her mother sweetly

"no darling, just sit down, breakfast will be ready in a second," Mrs Barnes told her daughter with a smile. Emily pulled out a chair and sat down and a few moments later her mother was placing bacon and eggs on the empty plate in front of her

Her older sister came in to the kitchen and sat down, "has dad left already?" Cassidy asked as she began to dig into the food on her plate. Their mother smiled softly and nodded her head

"He wanted to see you off but he got called in," Mrs Barnes said with a small, sad smile

Emily looked at her mother in sadness. Their father was always working and she felt a great sympathy for her mother who had to look after them basically all by herself. So the young girl placed a fake smile on her face, "its alright mum," the girl told her mother.

Her mothers sad eyes fell on her youngest daughter, "Oh Em, I cant believe that you are off to school already - it feels like I was in the hospital only yesterday waiting for you to be in my arms - oh you were such a gorgeous baby - my beautiful baby girls," the mother said and looked at her daughters

"It's alright mum... We are still your baby girls," Cassidy told their mother with a smile, "and I'm not going anywhere."

"yes yes, of course, darling," Mrs Barnes said with a smile, "At least I'll have one of my baby's with me." She said and then she turned back to Emily, "so what house do you think you will get sorted into?"

"I don't know mum! Thats what the hat is for!" the girl exclaimed with a grin on her face, she was very excited to find out what house she was going to be sorted into.

"Well hopefully you get sorted into Ravenclaw," her mother said with a curt nod, "its the best house there is!"

"Sure sure mum, you only say that because it's the house that you were in," Emily told her mother with a grin and her mother just shrugged her shoulders with a smile.

------------------------

The Barnes family were now headed to King's Cross Station, blasting music and singing at the top of their lungs as their mother drove the car. They wanted to get there a little bit early so that they would definitely get a trolley, though they got caught in traffic so that didn't happen.