Chapter 14

***
It was Friday, March 26th. Our first show in Nashville. Roz and I were currently getting hair and makeup done. The past couple days had been kind of wild. Jess and I went to a few bars and did some things around the town. Even saw a concert with Roz. It was also so amazing to be able to say that Jess was now my boyfriend. I was falling fast for him every day. He always greeted me every morning with my favorite coffee, and we just spent the early hours to ourselves. Roz didn't mind leaving us alone because that meant she got alone time with Cody. That was becoming difficult for her because she was catching feelings hard.

Currently, Jess and I were chilling in my hotel room. It was 9AM. Roz was about to leave to go see Cody.

"Wear a c-" Jess starts.

"Dont you dare say it" Roz says. She hated when Jess told her that, and Jess loved to push her buttons.

"I was gonna say a...cowboy hat" He saves himself. I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"Goodbye" She says.

"11AM!" I yell. Once the door shut, Jess kissed my cheek.

"She hates when you say that" I say.

"Wonder why?" He asks, I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know, but I want her to be safe too. Problem is, she really likes Cody" I reply.

"Cody likes her too. He always talks about how beautiful she is" He tells me. Jess and Cody were good friends.

"Well, good. She deserves it" I say snuggling in to him. "She deserves this".

"I love this" He says and kisses the top of my head. I stayed quiet and listened to the sound of his heartbeat. I almost had fallen asleep again, but that was interrupted by the door bursting open and Roz flying in. She was sobbing. I shot up.

"Roz. Roz, what happened?" I ask. She was pacing with her hands in her head and tears were flowing. I put my hands out to stop her. Jess was right beside me. "Hey, stop. What happened?".

"Cody. H-He had a girl in his room" She says. I turn to look at Jess. She fell into my arms. I squeezed her tight.

"I'll be back" Jess mouths to me. I nod.

"Hey, Roz. I'm so sorry" I say. She stand up and walks over to the bed. I sat beside her.

"I went up to his room, and the door was open, so I just went in. He was in there making out with Maggie" She says. Her voice broke. "Just when I was starting to really fall". She fell into me again. Her head was in my lap. My blood boiled when I heard the name Maggie. Maggie Wyler was a barrel racer. She was tall, blonde, beautiful, and a bitch. She was known to hook up with a lot of the bull riders.

"You're too good for that, Roz. He's doesn't deserve you" I say. She sniffled.

"I...really liked him" She says tearfully.

"I know, and I'm so sorry" I say again. I knew she felt absolutely broke.

***Jess's POV***
I was furious. Cody was a good friend of mine, and he knew how much Roz liked him. I walked up to his room, and flung the door opened. There he was, in bed with Maggie.

"Dude,wh-". I jerked him off the bed by the collar of his shirt, and pushed him to the wall.

"What were you thinking" I ask. I push him against the door again. "Huh? What were you thinking making out with her knowing good and well that Roz was into you? This is how you treat women? You're a piece of shit". I pushed him one more time before letting go.

"Hey, man. I'm ju-". Before he could finish his sentence, my fist connected with his jaw.

"I know what you wanted. Like I said, you're nothing but a piece of shit. Rot in hell, and don't you ever go near her again". I walked out of the room with my knuckle dripping blood. I didn't care. He didn't deserve her.

***Sadie's POV***
Roz was still heartbroken, and I was still holding her in t arms when the door opened. Jess walked in with a red face and bloody knuckle.

"Babe?" I question. He grabbed a towel and sat down beside Roz and I.

"I'm fine" He says looking to me. He looked to Roz. "He's not, but you will be, okay?". She smiled and held out her hand.

"Thank you, Jess" She says. He held her hand in his.

"We got you, Roz. We're family now".