Chapter 11

It was finally party time. Andrea and I shared a hotel room. "Let me make you pretty?" I asked, I hoped she wouldn't refuse. I needed to make her pretty, after all Søren need to be able to stare at her and only her tonight.

I needed them to get together so I can pull that stupid note off of my corkboard when we go home. Her blue velvet dress hugged her body in all the right places. He's definitely going to be drooling all over her tonight.

I accentuated her natural beauty. I didn't want her to be center of attention. I applied my own make up after hers and pulled on my dress. "Ready?" I asked. She nodded and we left the hotel room.

I texted my friend Brad to give us a ride to Dante's. His only response was that Clive was going to be here to pick us up soon. Great. How long is soon? Clive better not be late.

We were waiting in the lobby when Adrian and Søren came downstairs. God damn these foreigners and looking good all the time. I couldn't take my eyes away from Adrian.

He pushed his hand through his messy curls and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Look away now Delilah, he's foreign.

"Where is he?" I complained. I need to keep my mind off of Adrian. Clive was 10 minutes late.

I got a text to say he's outside. Finally. It wasn't long before we were in front of a mansion. I could hear the music blaring from where the car was parked. Then again, it was a quiet area. Walking independently with the foreigners in tow, I was greeted by Dante.

Raven black hair, tanned skin and black eyes. He had a lopsided grin as he slung an arm around me. "Baby doll, you brought friends," he cooed eyeing up the foreigners. I didn't like how his eyes lingered as he looked Andrea up and down. It was as if Søren could feel his gaze as he stood in front of Andrea protectively.

We followed him inside and our eyes were full of people talking and drinking and dancing. I felt a yearning to join in. I haven't been to one of these in years.

I dont know how long it was before I saw some blonde bimbos talking to Adrian. I saw his eyes sweep over the crowd where he saw Andrea making friends. I lost where Søren had disappeared off to. I felt a wave of heat through my body as I saw him talk back to those girls. I pushed my way through the crowd and to Dante.

I pushed myself up against him and started dancing, my body against his. I turned around and saw that those girls had now left Adrian and he was leaning against the back wall with a cup in his hand. I could tell that his eyes were on me. I turned and placed my lips forcefully onto Dante. It didn't take long for Dante to tangle one hand in my hair and place one on my ass.

When I pulled away Adrian wasn't there. I pushed away from Dante and stalked off to find Andrea. I sat down next to her as she talked to another girl about her life in Norway. Somehow the conversation about height came up. They asked about her brothers. I heard the name that sent shivers down my spine.

"Anders, is 6ft 4," she said. I didn't know why height was relevant but it was. I guess it was attraction. I didn't know how I'd managed to do what I did to him. He could've easily over powered me.

"Hey Andrea, can you come get fresh air with me?" I asked. She nodded and bid farewell to her new friends that she'll never see again after this night and stood from her chair. I took her hand and led her towards the back garden.

I looked around and noticed Dante and his friends looking at us. Once we were outside I took breaths of fresh air. I need to stop getting so worked up over a boy. He was nothing to me. I used him so I shouldn't be getting all panicky when he didn't do anything to me.