【 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 】

【 A couple of years later 】

{Name}, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin successfully joined the military but of course {Name} wasn't too excited about it, she never was.

"This uniform looks more comfortable than the ones Marley has..." {Name} muttered to herself as she puts on the cadet uniform and putting a black top underneath the jacket.

After checking if everything was in place and that she looked presentable enough she fixed her hair and glasses and made sure that her bracelet was intact before leaving the changing room to meet up with the trio.

.

.

.

"From now on, we will start the enlistment ceremony for the 104th cadet corps!" Everyone stood up straight, with edgy and serious looks on their faces as the commander spoke, and of course {Name} was listening closely to what they had to say.

"Unfortunately, I, Keith Shadis will be in charge of your training, I don't have any intention to welcome you" {Name} watched the commander, she knew that this guy would treat them like how the commanders in Marley would treat people, not that she knows- just some stories from her older brother.

"At the moment, you all are nothing than food for the Titans, just livestock, an existence lower than livestock! For worthless people like you will temper 3 years!" What a way to encourage teenagers... {Name} thought as she stayed in her posture, looking unbothered as she continued to listen.

"We'll cram knowledge on how to fight Titans! After 3 years, you will still be food when standing in front of those Titans, or you will be the wall that protects the king, or you will become a glorious soldier of humanity that will exterminate the Titans! you choose!" {Name} tensed up, the sudden realization that she didn't know her path, but to hide in the shadows of those ahead of her.

Now remembering that promise she made with Porco all those years ago... she'll be accomplishing it without him, but to become an enemy of his, but she had no choice, she needed to hide in Eren's shadow, to protect him and these walls that protected them.

The commander started to go around the soldiers, asking for their names and all blah blah blah, she didn't listen and all, but before Pixis had gotten in front of her, she fixed her posture and saluted him.

"You! Tell me who you are!"

"{Name} Jeager! From Shiganshina sir!" She said, keeping that stoic face of hers that showed dedication, her fist firm on her chest and standing tall.

Pixis stared at her for a moment, before moving on to another soldier, she immediately let out a breath.

But she felt a stare at her, she turned around to see two guys staring at her and they immediately revert their gazes to else making her furrow her eyebrows and look back in front of her, getting lost in thought again and not listening to the other cadets.

.

.

.

.

She drank some coffee as she stayed out of the barracks, admiring the stars, thinking about something again but snaps out of her trance when she sensed that someone was about to approach her.

"Uhm, hey," A tall guy with black hair and pale green eyes came up to her, he was one of the guys who was staring at her earlier.

"You're one of the guys who was staring at me earlier," She straight up said making him tense up a bit.

"Y-Yeah... sorry about that," He rubbed the back of his neck as she sighed.

"That's fine, I'm used to it," She said, continuing to stare into space as she looked up at the stars.

"Too shy to talk to a girl?" The tall guy looked away as she glanced at him "Don't worry, I don't bite," She said and motioned him to come over, which he did.

"Bertholdt Hoover," {Name} nodded.

"So, how'd you get so tall?"

"Pardon?-" Bertholdt got surprised by the sudden question, which made him laugh a little before looking away.

"I-I grew up like this," He replied before looking back at the girl beside him.

"So... you're that Eren guy's sister?" She nodded at him, crossing her arms as she stood up straight.

"Half brother, he's a menace I know," She said and sighed again, hearing him yell in the eating area and probably arguing with someone as well "I have another brother but I don't care about him at the moment," Bertholdt stared at her in curiosity, like he wants to know about something.

"What's his name?" Bertholdt asked.

"I don't wanna talk about him, every time I think of him makes me wanna barf and die," She said with a mad disgusted expression, making Berth more curious.

"Uhm... ok," There was a silence between the two before his blondie friend had come from inside.

"Bertholdt, let's go," He said and Berth nodded.

"Bye {Name}!" Berth said before following Reiner and another short blondie who was next to him.

'What a strange trio... two blondies and their brunette,' She giggled to herself then decides to go back to her barracks to sleep.

.

.

.

.

【 End of Chapter 】

***

A/n: SORRY THE CHAPTER WAS SHORTTT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT SINCE I GOT LAZY BUT ILL UPDATE AGAIN WHEN I FINISH THE NEXT CHAPTER