Part 19

Dear diary,
Who knew a memory could be so muddy. Together me and Tina slowly walked down the hill. The wind pushing us forward. It was like it was as trying to lead us towards the village. Toward the memory. The wind blew my dirty blonde hair into my face tickling my nose. I pushed the strands of hair that had gone loose behind my ears. And with everything step I took my brown leather knee high boots sunk into the mud. We continued to walk down the hill in time which seemed like forever. When we finally reached the village, it was bustling. There were hundreds of happy citizens and the streets were full of animals running free. Tina followed just steps behind me, giving me space to find my own way. I hear a baby crying and was instantly drawn to it. I followed the sound though out the village until I reached the outside border. Deep in the forest outside the village there was a tent. Somehow I knew I had to go inside. "Where are you going" Tina asked "the village is here not beyond the border" she said pointing to the town which was full of small mud houses with straw roofs. I looked back at her before slowly stepping over the border of the village. The line that separated them from the forest. Tina ran after me but she was unable to cross the border. "I'm sorry, I can't let you come with me" I said to her. As she fought trying to make it through the barrier. She banged on the invisible shield in raged. This was something I had to do alone. I continued to walk toward the tent. It was worn down and stained with dirty and pollen for years of life. Why was I drawn here? As I walked closer a man appeared. I quickly ducted behind a bush. Forgetting that he couldn't see me. My hands were pricked with its ferns of the bush as I looked up from the ground at the man walking towards the tent. He was wearing a white robe with a red sash. His pale skin glowed in the sunlight. And his dirty blonde hair the same colour as mine. "Silas?" I breathed. Was that my father? He looked exactly like me. I got up from the bush where I was hiding and followed him as he entered the tent. The inside of the tent looked like a home. It was full of books and blankets. I looked up to see a woman on the single bed. She had sun kissed skin and dark brown hair. Her beauty was beyond compare. The purple dress she was wearing look rich. But why were they living here? Her hazelnut eyes smiled as she saw him entering the tent. The object she was holding made a fuss. She was holding a baby. It's ocean blue eyes wide and adventurous as it looked up at its father. "I agápi mou boreís na sigourefteís óti to állo moró koimátai." The woman asked her husband. It was like I remembered her sweet loving voice. I knew that was my mother. But she asked Silas to check on another baby? Silas walked over to a small pile of brown and white blankets picking up another baby. This one had dark brown eyes almost black. And she had tiny little strands of black hair growing on the top of her little hair. She didn't fuss as she was picked up by Silas. I gasped. I've seen that baby before. She was my twin. But what had happened to her?