Fight

I sit up, groaning. My head hurts and my vision is blurry. I rub my eyes for a moment before everything becomes clear. I'm in my apartment. I groan and look at the clock. It's already five thirty AM.

I decide to just get up and wait for seven to come around. A knock on my door makes me jump and I dress quickly, walking out of my room and yelling, "Hello? You can come in."

I turn to my coffee machine and turn it on, grabbing my cup. When I turn back around, I'm shocked to see Tris and Four.

"Come with us. We're gonna need your help." She says, her voice dark.

I nod and walk over to them, sliding my shoes on easily. I follow Four out of the building and out of Dauntless headquarters, "What the hell is going on?"

Tris looks at me, "The Dauntless leaders are looking for you."

Four sighs, "We heard Max and Eric talking. They were headed to your apartment, so we got you out as fast as we could."

"Eric..?" I stop, staring at them.

"Yeah..?" They exchange a glance, "You didn't tell him about us, did you?" Four looks pissed.

"No! I would never." I sigh, "But.."

"But?" Tris steps forward.

"Eric found out about me.. I confessed. He said he wasn't going to kill me, and started acting strange."

"You did what!?" She doesn't sound as angry as I thought. She actually sounds terrified, "Cora you need to leave. You need to go somewhere safe. Somewhere you blend in! Maybe Amity will take you back."

"Tris, I can't. I.." I stop. I don't want to tell them I trust Eric, but my gut tells me it's my only option. Last time I trusted them, they helped me live, "I trust him. I believe what he told me." They both stare at me like I'm growing a second head, "And if he is lying, and they're coming to kill me, then I will die with your secret." I look at Four, "Both of your secrets."

"Cora you are one crazy son of a bitch." Four whispers, "Walking into your death is one of the dumbest things you could've done. And here you are."

"Maybe I'm dumb. But if I'm right, and Eric is protecting me, then I clearly have some form of influence over him." I look between them, "And you two might need that kind of mercy some day."

"And if you're just crazy? And you don't have any influence?"

"Then you guys continue life the way you were before we knew about each other. You stay in hiding."

"Cora, this martyr complex is going to get you killed."

I nod, "Maybe." Then I look back at the dauntless headquarters, "If they're looking for me, they're going to look outside." I turn to Four, "You should hop on the train for a while. Tris and I will act like we just went to hang out. Everyone knows her and I are closer, and there's no reason to give Eric suspicions about you guys."

Four nods and grabs Tris. I turn around and stare at the building, biting my lip. Tris taps my shoulder after a minute and we leave, walking back for the HQ building.

"They're coming.." She says, staring at two black clothed men in front of us.

I laugh, smiling at her, "Act natural."

She smiles back and we chatter like mindless Dauntless until we're only a few feet away from the two men. Max and Eric, "Where is she?"

"She spends a lot of time on the roof."

"Does she? That's-"

"Looking for someone?" I call, walking up to them. I do not look at Eric.

"Yes, actually. You."