For Harry

Painful silence echoed through the large, dark manor.

Harry was nose deep into one of Regulus' journals, finding comfort in his father's stories.

He pushed himself to sit up in his bed- in his father's bed.

The action caused an envelope to fall out and into Harry's lap. He paused, setting the journal down to pick up the paper with his name on it.

The writing was beautiful calligraphy, way better than his was. Although, Harry recognized the writing.

He'd been reading Regulus' journals for years and was lost at how the letter had gone unnoticed for so long.

Harry had so many questions.

He held the letter in his hands, nerves filling his body as if he was meeting his father for the first time.

He didn't know what to expect and like most things in his life, it had been a curveball.

Harry found his ever-growing curiosity becoming unbearable as he slid his finger under the flap opening the envelope and freeing the letter than could potentially make or break him.

'Harry,

My child you are destined for great things.

You will hear of me through the tales of a boy who made terribly bad decisions, but you were never one of them. You were a gift. My reason for fighting.

I leave you with little, but a simple letter and the assurance of unconditional love. In hopes that you grow and flourish in a world untouched by the horrors and tragedies of war.

I know it won't make sense, but the world is not quite as black and white as you might like to believe. Believe me when I say people do foolishly brave and recklessly perilous things for the people they love.

It hurts to know that I will never hear your first words. Watch you take your first steps. Help you board the Hogwarts Express for the first time as you start school.

I won't be able to teach you right from wrong. Steer you from the ridiculous blood-purity bits. Teach you that half-breeds are people too. Explain that not all Slytherins are evil. Remind you that love is love and it's okay to deter from what society may tell you is 'acceptable', but I figure James will raise you all the better.

Always remember I love you, my brave boy and although the world is a dark place, I will always light your way.

Find me when you're ready
+11° 58′ 01.95″.

Love,

Regulus'

Harry read the letter over again, repetitively scanning the fancy handwriting.

It was the closure Harry needed and he had no idea how to deal with it.

"Hey kid, Remus brought lunch...." Sirius' sentence fell off as he spotted the boy with a letter in his hand.

"He- uh- he wrote me a letter." Harry explained his face emotionlessly unable to depict how he was feeling.

"Oh kiddo..." Sirius said as he wrapped an arm around Harry comfortingly.

"I've never even met him and I still miss him", Harry said looking from the letter to his godfather, "Do you miss them?"

Sirius softly smiled, "Everyday."

"Does it ever get easier?" Harry questioned.

"I'm not sure, but if it does I'll let you know." Sirius explained ruffling the boys hair.

"Lunch?" Sirius asked as he stood up.

"I'll be right there." Harry explained looking back down at the letter.

Sirius nodded before making his way out of the room.

"Hey, Sirius?" Harry said making the man pause before leaving, "What does this mean?"

Harry moved off the bed towards his godfather, handing him the letter.

"They're coordinates." Sirius snickered softly.

"Coordinates? Like map coordinates?" Harry quizzed.

"Star map coordinates", Sirius explained, he looked down at the boy's confused look before smiling, "Me, you, and Moony have a date with the stars tonight."

Harry didn't know what his godfather meant until he and Remus walked side-by-side following Sirius up a grassy hill.

The chill of the breeze mixed with the warmer March temperatures as they walked around in the darkness of night, the stars taking the form of white specks across the sky.

Of course, like most times, Remus and Harry were clueless to Sirius' shenanigans.

"Now can you tell us why we hiked all the way up here in the middle of the night?" Remus huffed as they reach the top of the grassy hill, giving them a clear view of the starry sky.

Sirius ignored Remus before turning to Harry, "That right there is where your coordinates lead to."

Harry looked up at the star Sirius' finger pointed to, "What's so special about that star?"

"That's Regulus." Sirius explained with a smile.

Remus didn't need to ask anymore questions after that and neither did Harry.

Harry sat beside his Godfather and Remus as they stared up at the sky.

Finally content, Harry could find peace in his fathers cheesy love of stars and fancy handwriting.

Sirius pulled the kid closer into his side as Harry rested his head on the mans shoulder.

Neither would say it, but Sirius was the only connection to his parents Harry had left and Harry was the only thing Sirius had left of his best friend and his baby brother.

Sirius was not James or Regulus and neither was Harry, but that was okay.