Chapter 127

The next few months were more of the same.

Liam spent a majority of time in the studio, and I guess Sally and Pierre were getting pretty serious; Mom said they were on the phone more often than not.

Noel and Meg were in the middle of one of their many rough patches and I was ready to pop any day.

It was the first week in April and I was thirty eight weeks pregnant.

***

April 5, 1997

I want to die.

I'm the size of a house and the doctor told me, since it was my first, there's a pretty good chance I'd be overdue.

Fuck fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck.

***

I woke up a few days later in excruciating pain. I got up out of bed (after three tries) and waddled to the kitchen. I decided against food, and instead made myself a cup of tea. I hoped this pain was just the pregnancy gas that Liam had been bitching about for forty weeks, but I had a feeling that it was something more.

My feeling was right, I was in the middle of pouring the boiling water in my mug when I suddenly felt like I'd peed my pants...and I thought I had until I realized it was something else.

"LIAM!" I yelled hoping he was awake

I grabbed the edge of the counter squeezing my eyes shut as I felt what I now knew were contractions.

"LIAM!" I screamed again slightly panicked before I heard him come running down the stairs.

He took one look at me and in typical Liam fashion, made a very poorly timed joke at my expense.

"Don't y'think you're a little old t'be havin' accidents, Ly?"

I glared at him "I'm going into labour you fucking idiot cunt, my water just broke!"

He looked at me in shock which quickly turned to horror "Now?!"

"Yes, now!" I yelled walking tentatively to the living room to retrieve the bag I'd packed last week. "Go upstairs and find me a clean pair of sweats"

"Why?" He frowned

"Because I'm not wearing these!"

I squeezed my eyes shut gripping the arm of the couch as another contraction started.

"Ly, we don't have time for you to change"

"We'll make time!" I growled.

**

By the time I got to the hospital and situated and in a bed my contractions were three minutes apart.

Liam had called my mom and Sally and now we were playing the waiting game.

"How y'feelin'?" Liam asked eating my cup of ice chips.

"Fine" I laughed "Are you enjoying my ice?"

"Why can't y'get anything better, I want some of that Jell-O y'had last time"

"So go buy some!" I laughed "I'm stuck here, not you"

"What if I miss it?"

"You're not going to miss it, just go"

"But-"

"Liam, I promise, you're not going to miss anything if you go downstairs to get yourself Jell-O"

"Lyla!"

We both looked up as Sally and Mom came into the room; Sally threw her arms around my neck hugging me.

"Hi Sal"