The breakup

Dixie

Griffin said he was sick today and canceled on our date so I decided I was going to surprise him. I got his favorite soup and our favorite movie to watch together. I drove up to his house and knocked on the door.

"Dixie! What are you doing here?" He said looking nervous and scratched the back of his neck. "You said you were sick so I brought you some soup and our favorite movie to watch!" He looked back at his living room nervously. "Oh umm-" before he could say anymore and girl came up to beside Griffin.

"Baby whose at the doo- oh hello." I dropped everything I was holding, spilling the soup on the ground a the movie coming out of the case. "B-Baby?!" I was holding back my tears trying to control myself but I couldn't. I started balling my eyes out. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU CHEATED ON ME! AFTER EVERYTHING WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH?! I-I thought you loved me."

They both just stared at me. "Dixie pls I can't explain-" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I don't need your lame excuse... we are over. I started to walk away but then Griffin shouted something. "ITS NOT LIKE YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH NOAH!" I turn around "Noah? How did he even come into this?! He is my best friend!" He scoffed. "Really?! Why did you always go out with him late at night to Malibu?! To some top secret date?! You can't fool me Dixie. I was cheating on you because you were cheating on me!"

"Griffin! Noah and I have only been friends! I never would have done anything to ruin our relationship! But I now understand that you never cared about me!" I run to my car, my face full of tears. I turn on my car and drive off. I just wanted to be alone.

4 pm:

I had stopped crying and decided I needed to stop moping around. Right when I was going to put on a movie I get a text from Noah.

N: hey dix, me, and Curtis are going to Malibu in 15. We wanted to know if you wanted to come?
D: hey thanks for the invite, but I think I will pass. Maybe another day?
N: ok... sure. If you change you mind let me know
D: thanks :)

Noah POV:
This was odd. Dixie never turned Malibu down. Maybe I should go talk to her. What if she wants space? You know what? I'll go talk to her. What if something happened?

I told Curtis that I would be at Malibu at little later. I drove off to Dixies apartment. I got to her apartment and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" She said. She sounded so down. "It's Noah." When I said it was me, she opened the door right away. She was wearing sweat pants and a sweatshirt, covering her face. Her eyes were puffy and her makeup was all messed up. "N-Noah" she said and pulled me into a hug right when she saw me. I hugged her tight and stroked her hair. She started to cry.

"Hey, it's okay I'm here." I lead her into her apartment and she didn't let me go. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my torso. She buried her head in my chest as I sat down on the couch. "Mind telling me what happened?" She sat up on my lap, facing me with tears streaming down her face. "G-grif-fin and I-I broke u-up." She said sobbing into my chest. "I'm so sorry dix, he didn't deserve you anyway." I said hugging her tightly. "He-e cheat-ted on me-e." She said crying harder. "He is such a jerk! I can't believe we would cheat on you!" I felt anger rush through me. She hugged me and looked into my eyes, calming me down.

"Hey, it's ok. It made me realize that he never really cared about me after the 2 years we were dating. Who knows how long he cheated on me for." I looked into her eyes, it's like we had a connection. "Thank you for coming Noah, I don't know what I would do without you." She said, not breaking eye contact. "Of course dix, I will do anything for you." We sat there in silence and just started at each other. I broke the silence about 1 minute later. "Sooo, did you change your mind about Malibu?" I said smiling at her.

"You know what, I will go! I need something to take my mind off things." She said. "Great, I'll let you go get changed." She got off me went into her room. She came out 5 minutes later in a crop top and Jean shorts. "I'm ready!" I couldn't take my eyes off her. "You look amazing. Let's go" she blushed at the words that came out of my mouth and we walked out of the door.

Word count: 843