Chapter 9: Waves of the evening

When you came back to school he didn't act any differently, in fact he seemed more cheery. It might have just been you, but it felt like he gave you longer glances. When you offered a pencil his hand brushed past yours, but he didn't apologize. It left you extremely flushed and confused but you tried to put it to the furthest parts of your mind, excusing it.

At lunch time he rushed up to you. He had some papers in his hand and he shoved them in your face.

"Hey sleepyhead!" He called and you jolted.

"what happened?" You said, fully awake and watching the papers in his hand.

"I-I got these tickets for us and Tanaka and Asahi for an amusement park carnival thing" he waved them around anxiously. "Are you coming with us?"

Your eyes widened for a second before rapidly grabbing his hands and shaking them. "Yes yes I would love to!" Just as fast as you took them you let them go and bit your lip in embarrassment. "I'll be there"

"Great" he flushed, and you saw sparkles in his eyes. He was planning all the fun things you guys would do, basically dreaming about your first time hanging out with the group outside of school.

Waiting for Friday was agony, and you spent every day debating with yourself on what to wear. Deciding on a pair of black cargo pants and a black tank top. You might have gone overboard with the perfume.

It was a bit later than noon when went over to the event venue, texting furiously at your phone to find out where he was. Your hands trembled as you waited alone, it was so scary to see all these groups of people and feeling like they were scrutinizing you.

Digging your nails into your palms to try to suppress the headache. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist behind you and you gasped as they lifted you up.

"Hey pretty lady" said a familiar voice.

"TANAKA?!" You asked, looking back at a familiar big smile. He put your down and turned you around by your shoulder.

"We're over there"  he pointed, taking your hand and pulling you to the group. They said hi and Asahi gave Tanaka a murderous glare to which he quickly let go of your hand.

"You look so beautiful" Noya said, pulling you into a hug. "You smell so good, its nice" he said with a close eyed smile. You felt butterflies as he held you, oh god.

Gutter time. Gutter time. I repeat GUTTER TIME.

He pulled away and looked around awkwardly to see what you guys could do.

"Lets go on that ride first" Tanaka said pointing to one with a track and fast carts. The line was long but you didn't mind, striking conversations with them about their favorite parts of carnivals. Tanaka was super surprised when you told him that it was your first time at one of these events. He was dumbfounded and kept asking you how that was possible, racking his mind for possibilities of why you had never been there.

You just laughed and told it that it made the experience all the more unique since you got to have it with them. Tanaka fake cried and gave you a loving hug. He really was like a big brother, but Noya became slightly silent, and clenched his fists at the sight and getting lost in his thoughts. You didn't notice, but Asahi definitely did and he had to pry Tanaka off of you. You were lost in your laughter, patting him on the head. Your voice definitely brought Noya back, and he joined you.

When it was time to get on Noya pushed you in with him. It gave you tingles, you had to hold onto Noyas shirt the whole time as the wind fluttered your eyes open. Similarly, this was how you felt around him so it wasn't too foreign, but it sure was scary.

When you guys got off Asahi looked sick as he held his stomach and made a tense face. "Let's go on a calmer one next please" he requested dizzily.

That meant that it was time to go on the merry go round, where Tanaka almost fell asleep on the pony. He got weird stares and giggles from some girls around and his cheeks flushed, having to look the other way to avoid embarrassment. Asahi looked like he was really having a blast though, one hand was on the bar and the other was in the air. He wore a big smile on his face after that.

You went on the Viking swing, Tanaka on one side and Noya on the other. The whole time when you were suspended in the air there was a sensation in your abdomen, of butterflies and nervousness. You watched Noya's hair flow as the swing went down. His smile of joy made you want to hold him in your arms. Your face spelled excitement and he loved hearing the little outbursts and screams you have as the ride was at it's highest.

The sky had been emoting vibrations of darkness, they echoed into the diminishing glow of warm colors. After the Viking ride Noya wanted to go on the bumper cars, and Tanaka made him get in with him. It wasn't all that bad, as much as they tried to be tough guys and go after you and Asahi they were no match for your drive to win. In the end you demolished them, Tanaka kept betting on a rematch but Asahi elbowed him- hard.

"Tanaka why don't we go get food" he said with a smile.

"But I'm no-" he oofed, Asahi grabbed him by the shoulders roughly. Giving him a side glare and gripping Tanakas shirt.

"We'll see you guys later" Asahi said, "don't wait up for us" then they walked away, waving back.

"Ah ok" Noya said, completely oblivious to everything, "let's go have fun"

Now it was just you and him, and as much as you loved that it terrified you. He looked at you with a smile and took your hand to lead you to another ride.

(A/N I hope y'all are prepared for some quality fluff and cuteness in the next chapter. I won't leave the few people who read this hangin😙 scouts honor)