2 ; ice cream and harry's dilemma

"You bought that monster?"

It had been a couple of days since their arrival from France and in Liliana's opinion the day they got back was fantastic for they'd mainly spent the day at home lounging around, too tired to do much of anything.

She didn't feel the need to do much after that because her and Hermione had already finished their summer work and had caught up on all of their reading.

However, her motivation kicked back in when she realized that the day they were finally supposed to meet Ron in Diagon Alley was fast approaching.

The night before they were due to meet up with Ron they went over the plan for the next day. In his most recent letter to the girls, he said that his family was going to be staying at The Leaky Cauldron because that's where Harry was.

Hermione and Liliana also learned from Ron's letter that Harry had been caught up in a bit of an issue; he had blown his aunt up into the size of a balloon, permitting her to fly away.

Hermione thought he was lucky to have not been expelled, however, Liliana knew they wouldn't dream of expelling the Harry Potter, something she told Hermione several times.

"He's Harry Potter," she tried explaining when Hermione brought up the subject yet again. "The ministry wouldn't dare send him out of Hogwarts, just think about it 'Mione."

Hermione sighed, "I guess you're right, but still . . . I just can't imagine how many times he's gotten into some form of trouble."

"Well," said Liliana, a smirk forming on her face, "He is Harry Potter."

Hermione couldn't stop the laughter from escaping her mouth and Liliana couldn't blame her. As horrible as it was for the reason Harry was famous, the girls also knew that those exact reasons were why he was loved by so many, the reason he would never get sacked from Hogwarts.

"I think we should go over the plan with mum and dad," said Hermione as her laughter subsided. "We don't want to have a chaotic morning tomorrow."

"True, the last thing I'd hate to see before starting school is mum angry," said Liliana. "She's as scary as McGonagall when she's mad. Remember when I was younger and tried tricking you into cutting your hair?"

Hermione laughed, "Yeah, and when mum saw you with the scissors she about lost her mind."

"Liliana Mae Granger! What on earth are you doing with those scissors?" said Liliana, in her best impression of her mother. "Are you cutting your sister's hair?!"

Hermione couldn't take it anymore, she fell to the floor clutching her stomach so hard she thought it might explode.

"I-I thought I was a g-goner," chugged Liliana, gasping for air in between words for she was laughing too hard.