kuroo cheating angst

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, a bright glare of light slipped through the crack of my curtains. Sleepily getting out of my warm bed, I check my phone to see a text from Kuroo, my boyfriend of 3 years. I normally walk to school with him but once again, it seems like that won't be happening.

"Sorry to spring this on you again but I'll be coming in late today so go ahead without me!" the text read.

I sighed as I thought to myself, "he's been doing this a lot recently...".

I quickly get dressed and pack my bag as I was already running late. I enter the school premise, friends from other classes wave to me as I walk by. Before entering my homeroom class I suddenly remember the question I had for my science teacher about the homework, I wasn't going to have science class today so it'd be better to ask now before I forget, I think to myself as a quickly walk down the hallways. There was still some time left to I started to take my time, as I was walking past one of the empty classrooms which weren't being used due to maintenance, I hear soft giggles. My curiosity got the best of me as I peak through the classroom window to see what was going on. It took me a minute to process what I just witnessed, after the realization I felt my heart drop to my knees as I stare at my boyfriend and another girl in his class making out on top of one of the desks. Her giggles filled the empty classroom as Kuroo's large hands were griping her thighs. I felt a warm tear stream down my cheek as I quietly walk away. Suddenly I felt sick and dizzy, totally forgetting about class I rush into the closest bathroom. I heard the bell ring but didn't care as I felt myself hyperventilating. After minutes is trying to catch my breath I rinse my face with water and head out. I didn't feel like going to class and I couldn't go back home either so the only choice I had was to stay in the boy's volleyball gym. The scene of Kuroo and that girl flashed inside my mind as I dig my face into my shoulders and cried, I didn't realize how much time had passed until I cried myself to sleep. As it felt like seconds later, I feel someone's hands around my shoulders, then started to shake. It was Kuroo who caught me in the gym and woke me up.

"Oi, what are you doing in here?" he asked before he saw my red eyes as I looked up at him.

Suddenly a worried expression filled his eyes as we asked me what happened.

I avoided eye contact, "that girl...who was she?", I asked quietly, my lips quivered as I tried to hold back tears.

Kuroo looked at me with a confused look, I chuckled with disappointment.

"That girl you were making out with before homeroom, who was she?" I asked again but in a more irritated voice.

I could see Kuroo flinch in the corner of my eye, the air felt stiff and awkward.

"W-what are you talking about, shortcake?" he said, his voice full of shock as he knew he'd been caught.

"Don't shortcake me, do you want me to describe to you what I saw or are you gonna admit that you've been cheating on me for god knows how long." you said as anger took over sadness.

"Look, I don't know what you interpreted from that but I promise you it's not what you think.." he said hesitantly.

"So you're saying that I didn't see you making out with another girl and cheating on me? If it wasn't that then what was it?!" you yelled as you stood up from the floor.

Kuroo got up, panic was written all over his face.

"Let's just talk about this calmly, alright" he said while scratching the back of his head.

"You expect me to be calm after finding out the one who was most important to me, the one who kept me going through all this shit...MY SAFE PLACE OF THREE YEARS KUROO...you expect me not be calm? CALM?!" you yell as a waterfall of tears stream down your face.

Kuroo stood there, speechless.

"How long..." you say quietly while looking down at the floor.

Kuroo looked down as well, "around seven months..." he said with guilt in his voice.

"For the last seven months, all those times you told me you loved me, all those times you said that I was everything to you, that someday we would live together, that you'd never hurt me? Was that...was that a lie? Was our three year long relationship a joke to you?!" you said as you clenched your fists, the slight cracks in your voice echoed in the empty gym.

"Y-y/n no...I love you and I still do now. It was just in the moment. She started making moves on me and I was confused...that's all." he said.

You got irritated as you heard the bullshit excuses he told you.

"All this time...you've been heading to school earlier was for her? So I wouldn't catch you? Was that it? That's the reason?" you said frantically.

At that moment Kuroo knew that this was the end, that he was no longer your safe place...that he couldn't lie to you anymore.

"I met her around 10 months ago...during a game that you didn't come to since you said you weren't feeling well. She was there because her friend forced her to come but it seems like I ended up catching her eye. After the game she introduced herself to me, we traded numbers and started talking...then we got pushy with each other. Meeting more often, calling...that sort of thing. You can tell where it goes, that's why I started leaving earlier, so I could meet up with her more often. But I still love you, don't get me wrong. I was just...confused about my feelings." he said, he seemed to have given up about lying.

"Kuroo...you don't love me. If you loved me you wouldn't do this, if you cared about me you wouldn't do this. Do you not realize how important you are to me? Why did you choose her? Was I not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough? Tell me, what was it?-" you paused, "never mind, forget I asked." you said as you started walking away, tears still falling from your eyes.

You felt Kuroo reach for your arm to stop you, "can we please talk about this more, Y/n, please?" he asked desperately.

"What is there to talk about? It's obvious who's more important to you, the one who want more. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you, Kuroo. I was really hoping we were going to be something permanent or at least to last longer...I would of enjoyed that..." you said with a faint smile on your face of sadness and despair.

You forced your arm out of his hand.

"Please don't try to contact me in any way, were done." you said in a stern voice.

You wanted to see Kuroo one last time but knew his face would wear a sad expression that you knew would hurt you. His fingers slipped off your hands as he knew it was the end, that there was no hope for you two left. You didn't want to leave, but if you knew that if you stayed, there would be a continuous lack of trust. You walked out of the gym, not looking back once.

The door closed, "i'm sorry...i'm sorry I didn't treat you right. You deserve someone better then a scumbag like me. Please take care of yourself, ok Y/n?" he said with a faint smile and chuckle as tears streaks down his face.

Comforting memories of you and Kuroo flashed in his mind, that's when he realized...he just lost the only person that'll ever make him feel the type of happiness and comfort you brought him.

~ END ~