Climbing The Nonexistent Latter

In perfect harmony.........

       Julie sang the final line to the song, with the last chords of the guitar getting quieter. Once it silenced completely, the group of kids cheered a little on how rehearsal went.

       "That was amazing guys!" Luke exclaimed to everyone.

        "Yeah! Um, you never told us how you came up with this song, Julie," Alex pointed out, pointed towards her spot on the piano.

       "Alex has a point. How did you come up with this entire song in one period?" Luke asked as well, all of the boys eyes on her.

       "Oh. Um, I'd rather not talk about it, it's kinda embarrassing," Julie answered.

       "You can trust us Julie. It's not like it was about Nick or---ohhhhh," Reggie said as he fell back onto the couch. He positioned himself so that he was leaning against the arm, one leg on the couch and the other on the floor. He lowered his voice to a whisper and leaned forward a little.

       "Was it about Nick?"

Alex rolled his eyes before putting his drumsticks away, while Luke started fidgeting with the bottom of his shirt.

       "The song is not about Nick."

       "Then what was it about?" Luke asked, somewhat forcefully.

       "It was about, um.....Alex!"

Alex jumped to attention, previously having not been listening to the conversation after it progressed from his original question.

       "It was about me?" he asked, incredulous. He was pointing at himself.

       "No, but don't you have to meet up with Willie?"

       "Oh, shit, you're right," Alex said as he scrambled to get up, knocking down his drumsticks in the process.

He ran over to the door of the studio before turning to look back at the other three.

       "I'll see you guys later," he stated quickly before poofing away.

Luke crossed his arms and looked at Julie after he disappeared. Julie's eyes widened and she put her arms out on either side of her.

       "What?!"

       "You're avoiding the question."

       "I am not."

       "Yes, you are."

       Julie rolled her eyes at him. "Agree to disagree. Besides, I have some stuff in my dream box I wanted to show you," she started to get out of her seat and nodded her head to the side. "Lemme show you."

Julie walked over to the entrance of the garage and pushed the door open, leaving Luke enough space to walk besides her. They walked up the walkway to her house and soon out of sight, leaving Reggie alone.

       "Yeah! I'm fine alone! Just go on without me, I'll be okay!" he yelled out to them, although they were already long gone by then. There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "I wonder what Ray is doing." He quickly pushed himself up and poofed away on a journey to find him.

_________________________________________________

      Ray was, sadly, nowhere to be found. Reggie learned that the hard way. After looking everywhere in the house, he checked the calendar to find that one of Carlos' games was today. Coming to the conclusion that he and Carlos weren't here (and even if Victoria was, she wouldn't want his company), he plopped himself down on the couch in the living room. His impact made one of the throw pillows fall off, which he then picked up and hugged to his chest. He laid there like this for what seemed like a few minutes, lost in thought, for what was actually an hour.