Chapter 4: Turters

It was midnight and all throughout Torigoth it was calm and quiet. Things seemed peaceful, well for all except Pandoria. She couldnt sleep and she didnt even know why, sighing she pushed herself up in her bed and glanced over to Zeke who was fast asleep in his own bed. With a tired smile Pandoria wrote him a note saying she was just going to go out for some air just in case he happened to wake up while she was out, not that she really expected him to wake up, after all her dear prince was a heavy sleeper, once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light.

Pandoria delicately placed the note over by his side and walked out of the room looking around, the inn was a little freaky at this time of night, she didnt do well will spooky stuff. However shaking off that feeling she took delicate steps and walked outside of the inn taking in the late night air of Torigoth with a big breath and then sigh.

"The town is.... So different at night, quiet, very few people walking about, I never realised how much changed in towns when most people are fast asleep" she muttered to herself and walked over to the fountain sitting on its edge and running her hand through the cool water with a smile.

Just then she heard running footsteps before she felt someone small run right into her, losing her balance she fell into the cold water of the fountain and shivered. "Ah... I'm sorry miss I never meant to run into you like that.... W-wait are.... Are you a blade?" A small girl asked looking a little frazzled.

"Well.... This isn't the nicest introduction I've ever had to someone" Pandoria muttered as she stood up and got out of the water. "Yeah I'm a blade why whats up?..... Why do you look so... Panicked? And why is such a young one out so late at night?" she asked her voice getting a little softer as she looked down to the worried Gormotti child.

"U-Uhm our.... F-family pet hasn't come home yet... Mom and dad said she would come home and that I shouldn't worry but I can't help but worry its been 4 days and some of my friends pets have started going missing too" the young child said. Pandoria's eyes widened a little pets going missing.... That wasnt normal.

"I see, alright I'll look into it and find your pet and your friends but you have to make me a promise okay? Promise you'll go straight home and not wander around the streets at night, its not safe for someone so young" She said holding a pinky finger out with a sweet smile.

The girl looked up before smiling a little "Okay I promise miss blade... Um... Whats your name?" she then asked not wanting to be rude. "Mine is Anna" she then said,

"I'm Pandoria, and don't you forget it kid" Pandoria giggled and locked their fingers briefly before ruffling her hair softly. "Now go on head home and get some sleep your little friend will be back before you even know it" Pandoria said with confidence and a smile as she watched Anna nod and run off towards her home. After she disappeared Pandoria's face gained a serious look as she turned and started walking around the town to gain some clues of what might be happening.

After an hour of walking around gathering information from whoever was awake and other sources she did find where the animals were being held.... The millitary base, though she didn't know why the ardanian army was kidnapping and holding the peoples pets in cages. Growling she slipped into the base and started trying to undo the locks on the cages with her lock picking skills.

However just as the first few animals were able to run free, heading home she felt someone hit her hard in the back with an earth attack. A scream left her as she flew back into the wall of the nearby storage hut. "What do you think your doing?! How did a blade get into our base... And who gave you permission to set these vermin free?!" It seemed to be a regular soldier who seemed to have a hate for animals.

"Vermin? You really are scum if thats what you think of peoples beloved pets and wild animals.... What did these creatures ever do to you?! Let them go!" Pandoria shouted as she pushed herself up, summoning her staff and with a clang of the sword and staff meeting in combat bolts of lightning shot into the dark nights sky.