Chapter 4

"That was so dumb!"  Moana scolded.  Pink ribbons of dawn graced the horizon beyond.  She had slept most of the night while Maui had steered the boat.  Now she had enough energy to give him a good talking to.
"You almost got us killed!"
"What? Can't you see I was in love?"
"Yes, lover boy! You've got to control your emotions!"
"That was only the beginning. This cruise is going on a one way trip to death row!" 
  Moana didn't want to admit it, but dying was a very real possibility on this trip.
"We only have 9 days left. The clock is ticking." She calculated. She called for Ocean.
"Ocean! Please help us!"
The water around them began to gurgle fervently. A blob of water stood up, replying with a 'bloop!'
Moana giggled as the playful water tickled her hand.
"We need to get to Anaha, and FAST. Would you give a a hand, er—water droplet?"
Ocean nodded its head "yes" and propelled the boat.
"We have to go through Gii." Maui began as they popped over the crests of waves. "It's a VERY dangerous strait of water. No one has ever made it out alive. You up for it?" He challenged.
"We battled a monster crab in the realm of monsters. What's a teeny strait gonna do?" Moana retorted.
"Muscle up, butter cup!" Maui suddenly blurted. "We're here."
The blue sky above collided with a churning, angry one. The calm sea ended and bordered with another full of tossing, mountainous waves.
Moana's teeth clenched. The canoe was teetering on the crest of the first enormous wave. It was instantly dwarfed by it, like a tick on an elephant.
"Round one!" Maui yelled above the din of the howling wind. "You up for it?"
Moana nodded tensely, but she knew that was a lie. She'd much rather be bombarded by villagers back in Motonui.
"CHEHOOO!" Maui howled courageously, steering the canoe down, down, down the swell. Moana's raw scream was muted by a rap of thunder. A jagged claw of lightening illuminated the sky, as if the gods themselves were unleashing their ultimate fury upon the mortals that dared cross their path below.
A second, even larger wave was straight ahead, twice the size of the first.
"No where to go but through!" Maui deducted.
That he did. He roared as the boat launched through the wave, nearly drowning him and Moana. Salt stung their eyes. The sea was relentless and unmerciful.
Wave after wave they sliced through, rap after rap of thunder. Just as Moana thought she would die from fright, the sea calmed once more.
"We made it!" Maui declared. "You did good, kid. You did good."
Moana fainted, almost falling into the sea. Ocean caught her, goading her to the safety of the deck.