Chapter One

Forcing your eyes open slowly, you found yourself staring at the ceiling of a room, wrapped around a blanket.

You sat up on the bed, taking in your surroundings. Your eyes landed on a guy with spiky, black hair sitting on a couch up against a wall, half-asleep. His head hung low as he swayed drowsily.

"Um, hey," you called out. The guy jolted awake and his alarmed eyes met yours.

"You're awake," he spoke, his voice much rougher than you expected.

"Uh, yeah. Who are you?" you asked, confused. For some reason, you couldn't remember anything that happened yesterday. Heck, you didn't even know where you were.

He took in a sharp breath, his eyes turning glassy as he glanced away, blinking furiously.

Now you were getting even more confused.

"Y/N..." he said, clenching his jaw. "You really don't remember me?"

"No, and I'm sorry, but who are you?" you asked, eyeing him wearily. He didn't seem dangerous, but your confusion was turning into frustration. You just wanted him to answer you, but all he did was sit there and shake his head like some madman.

"I said who are you?" you demanded. "And how do you know my name?"

"I can't believe this is happening." He ran a hand through his hair. "It's me, Iwaizumi Hajimei— Iwa! We've been friends since we were kids and throughout high school, Y/N! You have to remember me!"

You flinched at his sudden outburst as he stared at you with hopeful eyes.

You had no idea what he was going on about. You had no idea who he was. You racked your head for any recollection of this Iwa guy, but... nothing.

"Uh, I really don't remember you," you told him in a low voice.

Iwaizumi nodded stiffly, turning away again. "I knew this was going to happen, I just... I just wasn't ready."

"Where am I?" you looked around the room you woke up in. You found it pleasing, and though you had no recollection of it either, it brought you a sense of comfort. "Is this my room?"

"Yes," he said, getting up from the couch and sauntering towards you. "At least you remember that."

"It feels familiar," you explained.

"I don't?" he asked with a sad smile.

You shook your head. "No, honestly."

Iwaizumi sighed and kneeled down, reaching for something under your bed. He got back on his feet and held out a black notebook. "Here, you told me a few days ago to give this to you once you'd forget... everything."

Your eyebrows shot up in surprise as you took the book from his hand. "I did?"

"Yeah, you told me you wrote a lot of things. You even mentioned that it was really important," he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Did you read it?" you asked.

He chuckled. "No, I swear," he reassured you. "but I think I already know what's inside."

You stared at the book in your lap. You wanted to know what was written inside. You wanted to know anything, and the book that was right in front of you possibly had all the answers swirling around in your head.

A knot formed in your throat as your heart pounded erratically against your rib cage.

"Uh, can you leave for now? I want to be alone while I read this," you told him, and he nodded understandingly.

Once Iwaizumi left, you opened the book.

-

This whole story is going to need a lot of editing, but oh well.

Don't forget to vote and comment what you think!