Chapter One

( Above is what Astra looks like, but with the color of the Killing Curse as the color of her eyes.)

10 years later.

"Astra! Wake up, darling." Astra woke up to the sound of her aunt's voice. It has been 10 years since Astra had been found on the doorstep of her Aunt Petunia's house. She was grateful that her aunt did everything in her power to keep her. She divorced her husband just to keep her. If that isn't a power move, then Astra doesn't know what is.

Astra climbed out of her bed and quickly got dressed. As she left her room, she was greeted by her dog, Rocky. Rocky is baby German Shepard that her Aunt Marge found abandoned near hotel a few weeks ago. (You could say Rocky was a early birthday present from Marge.)

Aunt Marge sided with Petunia when she divorced Vernon. She claims that Vernon is not the same brother she knew long ago. Her Vernon would never threaten to kill a one-year-old. But things had change since Dudley's birth. She even claimed that Astra was a sign. A sign that Petunia still could have a family.

Aunt Marge claimed she knew she might never have a biological niece or nephew again. Ever since Vernon is in prison for raping a child, her dreams have been shattered and repaired. Shattered because no woman would allow themselves to be near Vernon should he get out of prison. And repaired because Astra is now the niece she dreamed of having.

Rocky jumped on top of Astra and began to lick her face. Laughing, Astra push him off gently. "Good morning to you too, Rocky."

Rocky barked happily. Astra ran downstairs and into the kitchen. Aunt Petunia was currently cooking bacon on the stove.

"Good morning, Aunt Petunia." Astra said politely as she poured dog food in Rocky's food bowl.

"Good morning Astra. Happy Birthday." Petunia said as she sat a plate filled with eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy.

"Thank you, Aunt Petunia." Astra said.

After breakfast, Astra looked out the front door. Any minute now, a letter from Hogwarts would arrive. It would bring a list of all the supplies she would need to buy. Aunt Petunia had her mother's supply list, but Hogwarts might have changed since then. Unfortunately.

So she had agreed to compare the lists, whatever is different, she would add. For example, if her mother's supply list had a potion book that her list did not have, Astra would buy it as well as the potion book in her list. That way she can learn everything about the wizarding world.

Of course, Astra was pretty sure the school does not teach anything about politics, so, she'll have to buys books about them as well. So many things to learn, so little time.

Astra looked up when she heard a tap on the living room window. She smiled when she saw the owl. She opened the window and allowed the bird to fly in. The owl landed on the coffee table.

"Aunt Petunia!" Astra called down to the basement where her aunt was doing the laundry. "The letter's here!"

"Go ahead and open it. I'll be up there shortly." Her aunt yelled back.

"May I?" Astra asked the owl. The owl nodded and held out its leg. Astra untied the letter from the leg and kissed the owl on the head. "Thank you ever much."

Astra opened the yellowed envelope and pulled out the letter and began to read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore.
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards.)

Dear Ms. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall.

Minerva McGonagall.
Deputy Headmistress.

Astra went to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of bacon. She gave it to the owl, who had followed her. She grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil and began to write her response.

Dear Professor McGonagall,

I will be happy to attend Hogwarts. Just keep that wannabe Merlin away from me.

Sincerely,

Astra Potter
Heiress of the House of Potter.

Astra tied her letter to the owl and watched it fly away.