The Flight

Tommy stared in the distance, his bare feet on the cold stone, up high on a pillar, towering above the world

Tommy stared in the distance, his bare feet on the cold stone, up high on a pillar, towering above the world. He looked at the water that traveled all the way to the horizon, at the forest reaching below him. He was higher then even birds!

His little pyjamas were too thin to keep him warm at such a hight, but he didn't care. The wind passing trough them, the chill passing trough his entire body, nothing was gonna top those things.

And thats when he opened his wings.

Beautiful, golden angelic wings, twice the length of his own body, feathers ruffed up by the breeze. An excited smile appeared on Tommy's face. Wings! Real wings! He has wings, after all this time!

He put his hands around his mouth in a cylinder shape and yelled as loud as he could. The sound echoed all around the sky, filling him with excitement. He flapped his wings, feeling the air push against them, the current they make around him. With a wide smile, he leaned his body back, and let himself fall.

The first few seconds were incredible! He laughed loudly, waving his hands in the air! Then, he tries to open his wings to catch himself!

...

Why won't they open?

His excitement is soon replaced with terror, his laugh is replaced with screams: the ground is coming closer yet closer and his wings have vanished.

"I don't want to die!" Is all that he can think of. Theres no way to stop himself.

And so he collides with the ground