The Fall

Tommy wakes up in his bed, back home

Tommy wakes up in his bed, back home. Did he survive the fall? What happened.

He touches his back to check if the wings are still there. They aren't.

So it was just a dream...

He sits up, breathing heavily, the feeling of fear, panic and doom still lingering with him. He hears the door to his room creak: he turns around quickly, seeing Phill enter the room, phill with his beautiful black wings. He looks away.

"Tommy? Are you ok? I heard you scream" Phill asks him, sitting down next to him.

"Did I?" He asks, realising how shaky his voice was. He sniffs and wipes his nose with his hand.

"Yeah. You're lucky the others didn't wake up. Did you have a nightmare?" His dad asks calmly.

"Yeah... Nothin' interesting" Tommy mumbles. "You can leave now"

"Ay, I ain't leaving" Phill tells him, patting him on the head, ruffing his hair. Tommy pushes his hand away with an annoyed look. "What did you dream about?"

"I..."

Tommy sighs, looking at his dad. 

"I dreamt I had wings like you."

"Oh? And why is that a bad dream?"

"It wasn't at first!" Tommy yells. "It felt amazing! I was so excited... but. When I tried to fly they vanished. And then I fell."

Phill nods, patting him on the back.

"I was terrified. I thought I was gonna die... I was so happy and excited and then it all went wrong" Tommy says, feeling tears start to fill his eyes. He wipes them away: crying is for babies!

"I know, I know" his dad says, coming closer to him. His huge wings wrap around Tommy in a sort of hug, as he leans against his dad. "It was just a dream. Just a bad dream"

"It felt so real..." Tommy says, between sniffs.

"That's just how dreams are. They're only real if you let them."

Just as Tommy was starting to calm down, he sees his brother peak from behind the door. They made eye contact for just a second before Wilbur springs back behind the door frame.

"Dad, Wilbur's spying on us." He says.

"No I'm not!' Wilbur yells from behind the door.

"He is, I saw him." Another voice says from behind his brother.

"You're doing the same thing!" Wilbur responds.

"Techno not you too!" Tommy yells.

"Kids, I had no Idea you woke up!" Phill says. "Come here, Tommy just had a bad dream"

"It's not our fault Tommy is such a whiny baby" 

"Will, be nice. Come here you all, it's too early for you to be up." Phill says, fitting his wings around the kids.

"I don't wanna go back to sleep..." Tommy whines.

"You will. There, lay down." Phillza tells them, arranging the pillows to fit them all."Lay down and I'll tell you a story."

The three lay down in bed, huddled together, waiting for him to speak. Phill smiles, seeing the three laying together, with big eyes, ready to listen.

"This is the story of the time I  fell from the sky"