if

"Words have power," Daria reminded them. "I repeat myself, I will not tell you."

Olympus could only be described as white, blindingly so, Daria felt like she stood out amongst the ivory walls. A splash of obsidian in a gold mine. But there was a metallic edge to heaven that distracted from its purity. Not all gods deserved to be worshipped, after all.

She missed her friends, she missed Jason, even after the fight they'd had. The Olympians were stubborn; she had been stuck here for the better part of two days (she assumed that's how long it had actually been), repeating the same answers to the same questions. To be honest, Daria was waiting for them to lose their temper, another round of curses.

Minerva sat forward in her chair, flickering. Every once in a while, the Olympians would gasp in pain, their minds slowly being torn apart. "You are a mere mortal," she seethed. "This plan will have flaws."

"Be it on my head," Daria fired back. "Unless I should presume that to mean that you care about your children."

"Daria, child," Juno said. The last time she had seen the queen of the Gods, Juno had been an old, dirty woman. That wasn't the case now, the goddess was anointed with gold jewelery and a flowing white dress. "We don't doubt your abilities, we simply-"

"Do not trust you," Jupiter interrupted his wife. Asshole. "You have evil in your blood. Do you expect us to believe that the prophecy is incorrect?"

The fates chattered in the corner of the room, collectively knitting a giant sock. Daria wanted to run them through.

"Blood will spill blood," she said, quoting one of the few lines she knew. "That concerns myself and Gaea, alone."

"And my son," Neptune argued. "He is your blood relative as well, do not forget. If you harm him," he spat, "I will kill you."

Daria snorted. "Calm down, Poseidon," she muttered. The god flickered, groaning in pain. Daria didn't feel very sympathetic.

"It's quite the love story," Venus squealed, clasping her hands together. "Don't you think so?"

Bellona rolled her eyes, but when she looked at Daria, her gaze was sincere. Kind even, for the goddess of war. "Daria, I apologize for the inconvenience of all this. Truthfully, we are scared of your power, as well as the fate of the world."

"We are not scared," Jupiter said like a child.

"I," Daria turned up her palms helplessly. "I can't risk it. I'm sorry. Prophecies are known to not go as planned. The less people that know, the better."

"My son will tell me," Vulcan said. "As well as Neptune's."

"They will not," Daria said harshly. "They have sworn on the Styx."

Pluto's lip curled up in a dry smile. "I suppose my son has done the same?"

"Your son was the one who orchestrated it," she fired back. "In the beginning, or I would not have been under her influence for so long."

"Then he does not know."

"No."

"Enough," Jupiter barked. "You will remain here until you share your plan with us."

Daria tilted her head up. "I will not."

"I saved my son at your request," Jupiter said, eyes glinted. "And you as well, swore on the River Styx to do my bidding. May I remind you, Daria Jackson, that there are worse things than death. Now leave us."

Gods were not known for their hospitality. Determined not to aggravate anyone further, tensions between the Olympians looked like they could be struck by a match, she bowed and left to the room she had stayed in for the last few days.