Chapter 3: Old Friends

Three, well four if you counted whoever this person was, against; Terra wasn't sure how many as he had done a quick glance over at the battlefield and all the heartless swarming around. Creatures of varying size, some small, only to about mid-calf while others were much larger, towering over him and he stood at six feet himself. They were all dark in colour, just like the ones in the realm of darkness. Although here, in a world full of light they were much easier to see. There were slenders, faster ones that could easily evade attacks and counter with ones of their own and then rounder ones who were slow moving but if you were hit there would surely be a bruise.

Then there was the question of who this newcomer was. Her outfit was not like the ones of this world, and the blade she held in her right hand was undoubtedly a keyblade. It was long and about of medium weight, going from waist to mid-calf. The shaft was two colours, a deep almost magenta and dark purple spiraling around one another until the end, which was a pink star. Two spokes came from the indents of the star to a thin crescent moon shaped blade. The girl's own unique keyblade but if he had never seen her before, she couldn't possibly be a guardian of light. Terra sighed and summoned his keyblade in a flash of light, the size of his entire leg and then some. Now wasn't the time to start questioning her existence. Friend or foe, she needed help.

Aqua had also been looking at the girl's keyblade but came to the same conclusion as her friend. A proper analysis could be done later, they had to stop these monsters before they escaped the coliseum and attacked the innocent people of this world. She outstretched her arm and her keyblade formed in her hand. Shorter and thinner then Terra's,  mostly in the blue colours as its tip curled and went into three sharp edges, the handle a dull grey and purple as it curled around her hand, acting as a guard. She charged quite quickly after the heartless that had knocked back the girl previously, dodging his belly attack with a high jump to get to his exposed back and cut at the creature repeatedly until it was defeated and a pink heart floated up to the sky.

Riley glanced over her shoulder when Aqua had come into her line of sight and saw Ventus had come with his two friends that had weapons of their own. Keyblades. They were also keyblade wielders? So then... the light must have won if the weapons were still around. That gave her some hope as she readjusted her grip on her own keyblade and rolled away from an attack of some heartless with helmets on their heads. They were smaller then her, only standing to about her waist and lanky with long sharp three fingers and sharp feet. Using their silver helmets as a shield, they could take many more hits then the smaller ones that littered the ground but else wise were not much different. She looked once more at Ven just as he summoned his own keyblade, holding it back behind him and spinning it a bit before getting a firm grip. This weapon was the shortest of all four and at a slight slant towards him. A dark grey near black in colour with gold flecks, the end of his blade went into five spokes, starting from the largest and longest at the top and progressively got smaller. That was not the blade she remembered. He had a much different one all that time ago; longer, very different colours of black, green and purple. Riley sighed a bit, her shoulders slumping as she looked to the ground.

He wasn't the same she remembered. In fact a lot of him was different. Perhaps he didn't remember her.

In her momentary stand still, some of the heartless that had the ability to fly launched magic at her. They were triangular in shape, orange, yellow and blue. From the black tips of their head, magic could be formed and then launched. Specifically from the yellow one, electricity and it zapped at her. The long haired female cried out in pain as it hit her leg, stunning it momentarily. The static shock went through her leg, making it painful to move. She looked up at the heartless in surprise and slight anger as three of them came closer to her, two yellow and one blue. Narrowing her purple eyes, Riley raised her blade just as the blue heartless attacked with ice magic. She was able to block, but her weapon froze over.