Capitulo Once (IDK Why I chose Spanish)

"They're in here." I whisper. There's no noise coming from beyond the door. That's either good or bad.

"Okay. Let's go." Mr. D whispers.

I slowly open the door to see three figures laying on the floor. My stomach twists. That's either Adam, Bree, and Chase, or Krane, Alexa, and Andy.

As we get closer, I realize I was wrong. It's Alexa, Bree, and Andy.

"Bree!" I whisper-yell, kneeling down to my girl best friend's side. "Bree, it's me. It's Mellie."

"Mellie?" Bree groans. Her head has a huge, bloody gash.

"Bree, oh my gosh."

"Leo's got this. He knows first aid. It's the only important thing he knows." Davenport says.

Leo gives him a look before ripping off part of his t-shirt and wrapping it like a bandage. "Wow. Really?" He hisses.

"Come on, Mellie. Let's find the others."

Andy and Alexa seem to be unconscious, but breathing, so we leave them.

I lead the way, since I was here before.

"Wait!" Davenport stops me. "Did you hear something?"

I pause, carefully listening. Then I hear it. A soft, solid thump. THUMP. "Yeah." THUMP. "What could that be?"

"I don't know."

We take off running, and the THUMP gets louder and louder.

We turn one last turn, and then come face to face with the source of the thumping. A super-bionic (more that A, B, & C) Krane throwing enormous, heavy objects towards Adam and Chase.

"Mr. D!" I panic-whisper-shout.

"Calm down, Mellie. Hyperventilating isn't going to help anything."

"We have to go in there an help them!"

"What can we do? I mean, this may help a little...." He holds up his weapon. "But, honestly? What good are regular humans against a bionic beast?" He slumps against the wall, deflated and defeated.

"Mr. Davenport!"

"Mellie...I don't even know what this does!" He hands me the gun.

"You're Donald Davenport! So what?"

He looks at me. "I can see why Chase likes you so much." He sighs, takes the gun back, aims it at Krane, and lets go of the trigger. It sends a giant flame ball barreling towards Krane, knocking him clean OUT. But it also engulfs the building in fire.

"Oh no. That wasn't such a good idea." He says. Adam and Chase run over to us.

"Mellie? Mr. Davenport?" Chase says, bewildered.

"No time, Chase. Come on, we have to go get Leo and Bree." I say, running towards Chase's sister and step brother.

Leo and Chase carry Bree. I look down at Alexa and Andy. "We have to help them."

"We can't, Mellie. They're evil and bionically stronger than the rest of us. We can't afford to put our lives in danger-"

"So we should let them burn to death, Chase?" We stare at each other with dagger eyes.

BEEP BEEP. We turn around to face Mr. Davenport, who was fiddling with a control pattern.

He laughs. "Who woulda thought that Krane would install fire protection systems?" Just as he says that, sprinklers go off at the fire is put out immediately. Of course.

Everyone gets soaked, and I realize I'm wearing a white Davenport Industries t-shirt, and my bra is visible through it.

What a day.

What

a

day.