Chris Evans: Just Being Neighborly

>Plot: You'll see!<

~Your PoV~

I sighed as I turned off the shower, goosebumps immediately covered my body when I pulled back the shower curtain, so I tried to dry off as fast as I could, pulling on a f/c pair of briefs, some f/c joggers, a white long sleeve shirt, and a gray pair of socks, before I put on my running shoes.

Living in Boston has been incredibly average, but  after being stuck in my house for a year during quarantine, it got pretty boring and lonely, if anyone had told me that I'd be stuck in my house for a year, when I first moved here six years ago, I would have never believed it. But  I've started going on morning and afternoon walks almost everyday to get out of the house. I enjoy going out and seeing the different plants and animals that are coming back to the area around my house, it's really refreshing.

I grabbed my phone and plugged my earbuds in, selecting my playlist and heading out the door.
It's very rare that I'd see anyone else on my walks, but sometimes I'll see my estranged neighbor walking his dog, but usually when I do, he's wearing sunglasses, and he immediately turns away from me.  But that's okay, I understand that people live out here for privacy, and I can respect that.

I had been walking for about an hour and a half, which was about the time I  turned around to head back home, but this time I figured that I'd go a little while longer.

I had made it to a four way crossroads where I saw my neighbor, but I don't think he saw me though, because he didn't look up as I got closer, his eyes glued to his phone while his dog sat patiently by his side. I figured that he must have had earbuds in as well, because he still didn't look up from his phone, even when I was standing right across the road from him.
I wanted to go over and talk to him, but something was holding me back... It took me a few seconds to understand that it was fear that was holding me back, because as soon as I stepped foot on the road, I heard the roar of an engine and when I looked down the road I saw a midnight blue Ford Mustang barreling down the road at what must have been one hundred and twenty miles per hour, headed straight for my neighbor and his dog. Even from my distance, I could tell that the driver wasn't looking at the road at all.

It took less than half a second for me to realize what I needed to do, and everything else seemed to happen in slow motion. I shouted at the man: "hey! Look out!" Before I lunged toward him at what felt like the speed of a lightning bolt. As soon as I made contact with him, I felt hard metal and plastic hit me with an extreme speed, I even heard the crackling and shattering of glass as unendurable pain pierced through my body.
After that, everything went black.

-12 Hours Later-

"Hey, watch out!" I shouted, sitting straight up.

I immediately regretted that decision when excruciating pain shot through my body.

"Woah, woah, there, you can't be doing stuff like that baby, you're going to hurt yourself!" A syrupy sweet voice said as I felt a pair of hands gently pushing me back down.

I turned my head to look at the person that spoke: it was an older woman with perfect, light brown,  caramel colored skin. Her voluptuous body perfectly filled out the hot coral colored scrubs she was wearing.  Her long black hair had a few loose curls in it, and was swept over her left shoulder. Her icy blue eyes were framed with thick, dark green framed glasses, her lips were painted a deep pink, and her name tag that read: "Brenda" was pinned right above her left breast.

"Wh-what happened? Where am I?" I asked, grabbing at my head.

"Well sweetie, there was an accident. You were hit by a car that was going really fast—," "is my neighbor okay?" I cut her off.