Treading on Ice

"You ever love something so much it hurts?"

_______________________________________

     This up-close to his face, he's kind of intimidating. Don't get me wrong, I've styled hundreds of idols at this point, so the period of being starstruck has run its course. A beautiful face doesn't mean anything more than a canvas, at this point. I don't have the time for it to mean anything more than that, anyways. Ever since I started working with Stray Kids, I've gotten acquainted with a lot of the idols in the industry. Everyone is nice enough, and I've even made some friends. But there's just something about him, specifically. I just keep coming back to him...

"Are you okay?..." Han's eyes got bigger and his eyebrows turned upwards.

"Hmm–" Oh god I think i've been glaring at him. "...There's something on your face," No, there isn't. "Here, I'll give you a touch up, real quick."

"Really? Thanks," He swivels in his chair, turning to the mirror. I got up to block his view so fast...I basically teleported. Imagine if he realized there wasn't anything on his face! What a disaster.

"So...Any plans?"

"Hm?" I started doing his hair again.

"What are you doing tonight? It's New Years Eve, after all," He was looking up at me through his bangs. His eyes sparkle.

"Haha...." I moved to Seoul by myself about a year ago, but I still don't really have close friends to hang out with on a Friday night, or even for the holidays. That's pretty embarrassing, I won't mention that part. "You?"

"Me?!"

"Like...do you have plans?" Did I say something weird? I accidentally got too focused on this one piece of hair that won't stay in place...

He exhales a laugh. "Not really. I was thinking-"

"The director would like to get this thing started, how are we on hair and makeup?" The manager shouts from the entrance.

"They'll be out in a sec," Our head stylist shouts in reply.

Felix comes over and put his hands on Jisung's shoulders while I pin that one piece of hair back in its place. We exchange a smile and a nod. Aw, Felix is so lovely.

"Oh, did you get the thing that was on my face?" Han asked before fully standing up.

"Hm?" I blinked.

"You said there was som-"

"Oh, yeah. Yep! You're good now, haha... Fighting!"

_________________________________

Later that night, I find myself sliding into one of the unoccupied practice rooms. It's pretty late, so I don't expect anyone to need it. Sometimes, I come here "after hours" to dance or sing. Once most idols and trainees have gone home, the practice rooms are basically fair ground. I can never sleep anyways, so it works out.

     I'm not the type of person that could ever become an idol– living in the eye of the public doesn't sound so appealing to me– but I still really love performing. I wonder if I can remember any of the Stray Kids dance numbers. I hook up my phone to the aux. "Back Door" by  Stray Kids plays. Heh. I know this. Funny enough, I know Han's part. Don't think too much into it, I just pick up dance moves faster than the average person. It's not weird.

     It's nice dancing in this big room by myself. As "Back Door" plays, I get more and more lost in the song. The world around me disappears. And it's just me. Dancing and rapping the part of a guy that I style for my job. Maybe it is weird.

I get to Han's rap when someone bursts into the room.

"WOOOOO TURN UP–" Oh, it's Han.

"AAAH WHATTHEFUCK–"

     He starts performing his part, making his way further into the room–how is he so energetic right now. I have to stare in awe, but a moment later, I'm officially out of energy, and the embarrassment has caught up to me, so I just...lay down on the floor. I live here now.

"AWW, WHAT'S WRONG? C'MON, PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!"

     He's still dancing. I've collapsed, and he's still dancing. I stand up. His eyes follow me while I go to turn off the music, and then lay back down in my spot. I guess I'll just move back home. What other choice do I have? I'll never live this down.

     He deflates and comes over to sit next to me, where I've just died. How is he being so casual about this??

"Come on, man, that was fun." He speaks in a voice that's miles different from his Performer Voice.

"...I'm so embarrassed. I think I'm dead now," I hear a snicker. Did he just–

"–Did you just laugh at me, right now?" I sit up to face him. "I'm very vulnerable right now, so please save your ridicule for behind my back."

He laughs again. I think I might fight him. He stands up and lends me a hand to stand up, as well. I look up at him, pleading, begging, to leave me here to melt into the cracks of the floorboards on my own.

"Come on, I'm hungry," He says, reaching for my hands to pull me up.

"Oh? Are you getting me food?"

"Of course not. You're bribing me with food so that I never tell a soul what I saw," He shoots a big, heart shaped smile my way and grabs my bag on the way out.

Huh...you're right, narrator me. His smile is shaped like a heart...–Wait, what?

I reluctantly follow him. He did take my stuff after all...

_________________

To Be Continued! :))

Hi! Kite, here. I think I'm supposed to put something at the end of a chapter so uh,,,,

I'm a new writer so I hope you'll forgive mistakes, etc blah blah,,, this story is so self indulgent I doubt anyone will read it but if you're here, hi!! I hope you're enjoying it, so far^^ I'm still in the process of writing the rest of this, but I thought I would put a chapter out to test the water.. the watt er haha.. um I'm not sure when I'll upload next, but probably pretty soon. k see ya <3