f o u r t e e n - "next steps"

⚠️warning⚠️- talk of injury, nothing very graphic though

———————

It's been two days since I got out of the hospital and I've been staying at Spencer's since. He decided to stay home for at least a week and just work cases from home. Since it's only been about a week since I got hurt, I was still in a bit of pain but I could still do most things for myself, they just didn't want me to lift heavy things.

Despite what has happened to me, I think I'm in a pretty good mental state, only thanks to the constant support form Spencer and Leah. I've still decided to go to therapy, partly for my own sake and partly for the sake of the hospital and them wanting to know I'm stable before I go back to work.

I don't really know when I'm going back to work because I still have to take a psych evaluation. It's really weird being away from the hospital, my whole life has been studying and working at the hospital for 8 years, and I miss it.

Trying to distract myself has been pretty difficult since I'm not one to sit around the house all day. Since Spencer is home it's not too bad, we've been watching Greys Anatomy and playing card games, he's even tried to teach me to play chess but I gave up after I realized there is no way I'm going to win.

"Ugh I give up," I say as I get up and go sit on the couch after Spencer won chess for the billionth time, "there is no way to beat you."

Spencer chuckles, "there is, you just have to know the right strategy."

"Pfft yeah, but you will never tell me," I respond as I lay down on the couch.

"A magician never reveals his secrets," Spencer playfully taunts and walked over to the kitchen.

I grab the remote and a scroll through Netflix, landing on Greys Anatomy again. I chose episode 11x14, "The Distance" I love this episode mainly because it's centered around my favorite character, Amelia, but also it reminds me how amazing medical treatment is and has come.

"Rose what do you want for dinner?" Spencer yells from the kitchen as I sit on the couch watching TV.

"Umm we haven't had pizza yet," I respond.

"Ok I'll order it," Spencer says and picks up his phone to call the pizza place.

After he finishes ordering, he comes and sits on the couch with me, wrapping his arm around me. I lean into his shoulder and close my eyes and fall into a light sleep.

I'm awoken when someone knocks at the door. Spencer gets up and opens it, revealing the pizza guy. He pays him and grabs the pizza, taking it over to the counter. I get up and walk over to him to grab a slice. We go back to sitting in the couch and watching TV.

After about an hour of watching TV and eating, Spencer reminds me that it's time for me to take my meds and change my bandage. We both get up and walk over to the bathroom where I kept my stuff. I take off my shirt so I'm just in my sport's bra. We both wash our hands and get the supplies. I sit on the toilet seat lid and Spencer kneels down. I slowly peel off the bandage revealing my stitches, it's healing nicely considering the jagged edges from the knife. I put on some ointment then Spencer puts on a new bandage. He then goes back to the cabinet to pull out my meds- antibiotics and some over the counter pain meds.

I pull my shirt back over my head and we go back to the couch. I lay my head in his lap as he plays with my hair. We watch TV for a bit longer in a comfortable silence until Spencer speaks.

"Rose?"

I turn to look at him, "Yes?"

He purses his lips as if he's thinking of how to say it, "You obviously don't have to answer now, or feel obligated to say yes... but how do you feel about moving in with me?"

I smile, "Really?"

"Yeah."

I sit up a bit so I'm facing him, "It's funny, I was actually just talking to Leah about that because our lease is up in about a month."

"Did you guys decide anything?"

"Well I was hoping you would want to live together because Leah was thinking of going to live with her boyfriend. Even though we have lived together for years now, we thought it was a good idea to start a new chapter in our lives."

"Oh ok," Spencer says, "so is that a yes?"

"Of course," I say then lean up to kiss him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Ok then it's settled, we'll move in together."

———————

a/n- this is short I'm sorry I've been uninspired and I am really bad at filler chapters. I'm pretty sure next chapter is also a filler but I actually have a plot for that one.