Chapter 1

(Edited)

Class 1-A sat in the commons. Everything was quiet other than the news they had on in the background. It had been a while since they saw their green-haired friend. They missed him, and they were worried about him.

The concern had grown since All Might informed them that he had stopped meeting up with him, and that was weeks ago.

Where was he? Is he okay? Is he even still alive?

Those were the questions rattling around in their brains. The collective hours of worry were getting tiresome. They wanted to help! Why could they help him! The heroes were using him as a weapon! Like he wasn't human!

It was disgusting.

Yet here they sat, doing nothing to help, nothing to stop the awful rumors about the boy, nothing.

The majority jumped when the tense silence was interrupted.

"Fuck this, I'm going for a walk." Bakugo moved for the door to the building, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

That was until they all disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------

Midoriya sat atop a building. One of the only ones somewhat left in the city he was patrolling. He wanted to find any clue about where All For One was. He let out a heavy sigh.

How much more pathetic could he possibly get? How much more useless? The pros believed in him. All Might believed in him. Yet here he is doing nothing worthwhile. How in the world was he supposed to show his face at UA again? See his friends again? Why would they even want to? He's done nothing to help that anyone else couldn't do.

He shook his head almost as to wipe away those thoughts. He needs to focus. He squinted his eyes for anything he didn't see beforehand. Not seeing anything of importance, he stood up and disappeared seconds later.

------------------------------------------------------

The class looks around them, dazed and confused.

"Where the fuck is this- What the fuck is this!" Bakugo asked their questions for them, looking around crazily. He would never admit it, but being kidnapped by the League still messes with him.

He spotted a person tying on a screen attached to their wrist rapidly. They seemed to be lost in thought. They glanced at the group and looked back towards their screen until they did a double-take.

"Hello! I'm sorry I didn't realize you all were awake!" They move forward, putting their wrist down. Stopping after they noticed everyone tensing. "OH! Yeah, I sorta forgot to explain didn't I?" They ran an awkward hand through their curly hazel hair moving it from their face slightly. "I'm Alex! I don't mean you any harm! I brought you to my theater to show you some different multiverses. Which I will go into further detail in a bit."

Everyone noticeably relaxed.

"So, um, Alex?" Uraraka steped forward."What are we waiting on?"

"Your teachers, some heroes, and additional staff." They smiled. "Oh! I keep forgetting stuff! Midoryia is waiting in a different room, it's already been explained to him while you were sleeping, and before you freak out, he's fine. He's just changing into some PJs." Alex was doing something to keep their emotions somewhat at bay. We all know their reactions would have been way more dramatic than what they're now.

Speck of the devil.

"Alex?"

He walked out of a door labeled "Bedrooms", everyone looked at the boy making him nervous. Were they going to yell? Call him a liar? His thoughts were interrupted by Uraraka giving him a hug, soon followed by everyone else other than Bakugo. He refused to look at the freckled boy.

The embrace ended soon after. "Where were you!" Uraraka said holding onto his shoulders.

"Um, well I-"

"Let's not get too far into that." Alex crossed their arms. It was nice that they all cared, but they were getting bored. "The others will be arriving soon, and I want everyone to be in their seats when they get here."

They all sat in a random seats. Bakugo surprisingly sat next to Midoriya. Before they knew it, the teachers and heroes arrived, walking through a suddenly appearing door.

"Okay, now that they're here I can explain." Alex flicked their hand towards the door, making it disappear.

"Now, where do I start?" They tapped their chin and foot simultaneously. "What we're going to be doing here today is looking at different multiverses that are centered around your green-haired friend here!" They smiled. Everyone looked at him with many questions but decided it was better to not interrupt. "Now, for those of you who don't know what a multiverse is, I'll sum it up for you. It's a separate universe from yours that's created every time there is a decision or something is different. I decided to bring you all here today to watch some of these." They seemed to be avoiding something important. Nezu picked up on this.

"Is there something else you would like to add?" He grinned a bit, taking a sip of his tea.

"Um, well, you see...a lot of these, if not most, are going to be sad. To say the least." They darted their eyes around the room knowing what was coming next.

"What why! I know recent times have been weird but other than that he is always happy! How could he ever be sad?" Uraraka asked. She was aware she wasn't around for most of his life but it's not like anything bad could've happened to him! The worst that could've happened was his dad leaving, and he can't even remember that. She thinks. Okay, maybe she was assuming! It was still a safe assumption.

"Again these are the alternate universes, and you didn't know him before high school and have never asked about anything beforehand." They were about to turn around to the screen but remembered something else. "Also, you guys somewhat recently found out that he used to be quirkless?? I thought heroes were supposed to be aware of the society around them."

They weren't mad at her question per se, just mad at the cluelessness of the heroes and their students. "Whatever, this is why I brought you here anyway. To learn." They turned around and started typing away on their wrist screen.

Uraraka thought about it for a second. She never did ask about his life, did she? What did they mean though? What does being quirkless have to do with anything?

Bakugo looked at Midoriya, who was down seemingly lost in thought. He didn't know what to say to the boy but he wanted to say something. Anything. Maybe a hello? How are you doing? A good thing you are alive? He didn't know. He wanted to apologize. For everything. He missed Deku while he was gone. Let's just say he had a lot of time to think about his feelings.

The chatter around him got a but lounder making him feel safe enough to talk.

"Hey, nerd." He nudged Midoriyas shoulder with his own, startling him a bit.

"Oh! Um, hi Kacchan." He smiled at him. "What do you want?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to say that...I missed you." Bakugo turned from the stunned boy, to look at the giant loading screen.

Midoriya smiled again, not believing what he just heard. A bit of blush formed on his face. "I missed you too Kacchan." 

"Okay, everyone! I a multiverse is ready!"

The screen lit up with the title: Vigilante

Hello everyone, It's Just Alex here. I hope you all like it! It's been a while! I apologize for changing everything and being gone for so long.

Let me know if you have any constructive criticism, and have a lovely day!

(1248 words)