Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own any qubool hai characters. The lines taken from the episodes belong solely to creativity of its writers.

Chapter 1

"How do you wake up...when you're not even asleep?"

"Jaise hi ammi thik hojayengi, main unhe sab bata dunga"

Here we go again!

"Agar ammi beemar na hoti toh main ye sab nahi karta"

Has he always been this frustrating? Yup. Definitely.

"Main yeh nikaah nai karna chahta"

Why. Did. You. Drag. Me. Back. From. The. Airport. Then.

"Good" she muttered disdainfully.

Zoya guarded her face to show no extra emotion. But the careful mask slipped with an announcement of a new rasam looming hours away.

"Allah Miyan, how many more of these do we have to go through?" This is just torture.

"Look, there's no other option as of now" Why won't he look directly at me?

"Fine, toh karlenge rasam but in any case, I'm the bride Jahapanah not you. You can stop blushing you know" she teased.

The words that came out of his mouth next, stole her satirize. She should have been angry – furious that his denial kept coming – but she simply wasn't. The rage and disappointment had frozen itself into ice – chilling her heart, guarding it.

For the moment, sarcasm took its place.

"How sad that the man who values rituals so much has to fake it all. You and your lies, Mr. Khan!" Zoya tut-tutted him disapprovingly.

Asad dare didn't meet her eye. What was she playing at?

"Anyhow, just because you're forced to 'fake' marry me, don't even think you can get out of getting a saugaat for tomorrow" He finally faced her, thankful she had lightened the conversation.

"Bataiye phir, kya la rahe hai mere liye" His eyes got trapped in the dimples that formed as she spoke. He went with the easiest answer.

"Nothing" Her mouth pouted; eyes widened in fake surprise.

"You're such a spoil sport! If anything, you totally should, kyunki jab itne dil se jhooth bolo toh sach lagta hai"

Asad held his breath trying not to show how much her words pleased him. Zoya regretted as soon as they were out. She wanted to wipe that smug grin off his handsome face.

She recovered quickly. "Look I just think if we are doing it, at least be convincing. Saugaat nai layenge toh sab yunhi sawaal karenge"

The recoveries were all in vain for he left her pulse throbbing with half a smirk and a playful nod.

"Six packs" she muttered under her breath when he walked away.

It was going to be a plug-earphones-in-at-full-volume-to-fall-asleep kind of night, she thought as she stepped into her room.
It sounded odd that someone could pass out when music was blasting in their ears that loud, but not to Zoya. She needed the distraction. Between yesterday and today, her world had flipped upside down and she'd be damned if she let the tears consume her.

Tomorrow was going to be harder than today but hopefully she'd be stronger than her yesterday.

***