𝐊𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐉𝐀- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

The night blazed under the heavenly demeanor of the moon. Light spread its arms engulfing the dark serenity. Quiet breezes gushed past the tiny village in the outskirts of the kingdom, Amer. Surrounded by deserts on all sides, Amer is blazing hot at the outset of sun and freezing cold at twillight. The fort of Amer, a frontliner in the marvels of architecture was surrounded by cities and villages on all sides. Such was the village of Akhepura, where lived a girl destined to change the inteluctuality of people. A normal village girl with a twisted destiny, born when the sky met the earth, Kshitija.

"Once lived a prince that fell in love with a magical princess.." Articulated an old woman holding a handfan in her hand. She laid on the floor over a thin mattress, caressing the forehead of her granddaughter with her wrinkled, flashing palms. A smile smeared her lips aiming at her grand daughter's impatient eyes.

"Ammu why does a prince fall in love with a princess and not some normal girl?" Questioned the girl curiously. Her grandmother's curvaceous grin parted when she replied," Because they are royal. A commoner can never be a prince's choice."

"Why is it this way Ammu? Aren't we humans?"

"Sure we are Kshitija but members of the royal family are special. They are above everyone, that is why a royal marries a royal. If a royal marries a commoner, people consider it as an abatement of the royal blood." Muttered the old lady. She wore a deep blue sari over which was a slightly brown sweater. Her white hair were flipped to a side. Her face contemplated simplicity.

"This is so unfair." Retaliated the girl who was sleeping peacefully in her grandmother's lap. Her long brown locks encircled her face. Her red lips twirled in grimace. Her thick lashes fluttered showing her strong dissent. She was a maid in the fort of Amer. Kshitija, after her mother's death lived with her grandmother. Trying to overcome the grief of her mother's death she devoted herself in the arts of fencing. She was beautiful, her sparkling emerald eyes left everyone startled. Working in the palace, she mastered the art of medicine. She was a shy, plain and a hesistant girl. She wore a plain red skirt and a blue top; her hands folded over her breasts. The old lady pinched her nose and gave her forehead a feather soft touch. With a slight smile, she commanded," Sleep or you will be late tomorrow. The palace requires a lot of manpower for the preparation of princess Indravati's grand marriage."

"Who is she being married to?"

"As far as I have heard, its the prince of Mewar, Siddhant.

"Really?" She spoke in disbelief.

"Sleep silly, or you will be yawning the whole day tomorrow." The old lady muttered. Kshitija quietly nodded and dozed off.

17th century, Amer. Grand preparations commenced for the marriage of princess Indravati and the soon to be coronated king of Mewar, Siddhant. It was an alliance between the two states promising each other protection. Mewar was about to get the queen of its kingdom while Amer struggled with the disconsolated situation.

Two days before their marriage, where the self esteem of both the kingdom's dangled. Princess Indravati flees from this marriage becoming a matter of insult and problem for the kingdom of Amer.

To resolve this dire situation, the queen of Amer suggests a plot to save the pride of the kingdom. They devised a strategy to let a maid fill the place of the runaway princess. What will be the result of this crooked plot and deception? What will be the situation when this tyranny unfolds?

Signing off-
Siya.