𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘

The morning sun looked breath-taking. It's scintillating demeanor spread far and wide seizing every strand of darkness within its blazing light. The flock of stratlings wafted through the sky. Their morning song was in consonance with the grand preparations that commenced in Mewar. The Fort was embellished with beautiful flowers, leaves and sheaths. As maids, soldiers moved up and down checking every minute detail, the palace bustled. The floor was covered with fresh lavender, roses and sunflower. Chairs were being assembled for the Kings of different kingdoms that were invited to attend the flamboyant function. Much to their dismay, the royalty was now contaminated since a maid was being crowned as the Queen. The sisodiya rajputs held a powerful and revered position amongst the other rulers. Siddhant's erratic behavior left the entire Bharatvansh nonplussed. 

It was beginning of the second pahar and almost all the courtiers had assembled. The royal priest stood at the altar were preparations for a yajna had been done. The altar was in the centre of the hall on a pavilion. It had an iron havan kund-the center place in a Havan in which the fire is lit and all the oblations/offerings are made. It was brightly decorated with reds and golden. There were three golden bowls that had vermillion, turmeric and cinnabar. On the opposite were large baskets containing fruits, sweets and coins as an offering to the God. The pleasant smell of fresh lavender filled the entire place. On either side of the hall were the nobles, army commander and royal guests. Next to the throne towards the right was a small yet mighty platform reserved for the rajmata. Mokshini sat there with eerie expressions. The court had fallen silent. 

"Sati help me with the necklace

"Sati help me with the necklace."

Damn this Udaipuri jewellery! It's so much heavy and difficult to wear.

Sati hastened and moved towards Kshitija. Adjusting her necklace and giving a final touch to her makeup, she turned towards her hair. Her long brown locks were braided loosely. Gingerly embellished with jasmine flowers, they looked beauteous. The white flowers complemented her chocolate tress. The Front section of her hair were puffed carefully and secured with a beautiful golden hair piece. 

"Are you done Sati?" Asked Kshitija in exasperation. Sati smiled and replied," Kshitija, you're a queen and for that you need to look like one! Don't be so impatient, you have to present yourself gracefully infront of the entire bharatvansh!"

"Entire bharatvarsh? Are You kidding me?"

"No." She mumbled softly adjusting her red dupatta.

"You mean all the kings of all the rajput kingdoms are there?" She asked nervously.

"Except Amber. Mokshini defenestrated Amber from the function for its trivial betrayal."

"Kshitija hummed silently."

I wish ammu was were. I wish I could know how she was. Its been days....only if she would be here, I could feel a little protected. Except Sati, I have no friends. Its quiet and frightening that I have to spend all my time alone, here in Mewar. But... I guess I'm judging things too quickly. Probably just like Sati, I'll have good friends. Perhaps being a queen and doing the duties will keep me busy. Once all these things are done.. I'm literally gonna escape to Amber and meet Ammu!