What a Beautiful Name

Artist: Hillsong Worship

Album: Let There Be Light

Released: 2016

The name of Jesus encompasses more than we can hope or imagine.

The first verse begins with the word (Jesus)at the beginning of creation( John 1:1). When Jesus took on flesh, we got to see the glory of God( Colossians 1:26)
You were the word at the beginning
One with God the Lord Most High
Your hidden glory in creation
Now revealed in you our Christ

The second verse describes the love of God for humanity. He loved the world that He sent His only son to pay the ultimate price( John 3:16 ) God didn't want to leave us out of his eternal plan for salvation (John 17:24)
While we were still sinners, God showed us that his love was greater as Christ died for us(Romans 5:8)
Now, nothing can separate us from God's love(Romans 8:35)
You didn't want heaven without us
So Jesus, you brought heaven down
My sin was great
Your love was greater
What could separate us now?

The bridge talks about how the death of Jesus tore the veil in the temple( Matthew 27:51)
The veil separated people from God's presence. Now, due to the death of Jesus, we have access to God.
Death couldn't hold Jesus(Romans 6:9). Jesus is greater than death because he rose to life again.
The heavens are roaring with praises of God's glory and power(Revelations 19:1)
It also talks about God's name being above every other name(Philipians 2:9)
This is a summary for the beauty, wonder and power that is in Christ Jesus.
Death could not hold you
The veil tore before you
You silenced the beast of sin and grave
The heavens are roaring
The praise of your glory
For you are raised to life again
You have no rival
You have no equal
Now and forever God you reign
Yours is the kingdom
Yours is the glory
Yours is the name above all names

CREDITS: Hillsong.com