Chapter 10

"Who are you?" I questioned demandingly.

"I am the son of war Diana. Oh I guess mother didn't tell you about me." He responded rather calmly as he turned to face me.

"She told me you were the son of Ares and you only care about war and chaos" I trapped him with the lasso. He held onto it and sent a force through it. My mind started racing with memories and flashbacks that I don't even remember.

"I am your twin brother Diana. We were raised together on the island but my powers worried mother as I saw the truth in the world she banished me and and father found me. She only cared about you; she was afraid you would join me. She has only ever lied to you now is your chance for revenge. You can join me and father and we will rule the World of mortals.

"No! Your lying, I will never join you" I yelled.

"Fine then you must die" he sent a wave of energy through the lasso causing an explosion. I flew back and hit the cold ground hard scrapping my back in the process..

"The bombs are on timers" Mitchell told the boys when they met back up to discuss a plan.

"So it will still explode?" Callum worried.

"Are the bombs flammable?" Mitchell asked.

"Yes they are highly flammable" Harry answered.

"If I don't make it back, take Diana home," he told the boys. They started to protest but they saw the tower explode and watched me fall on the ground. Mitchell ran over and helped me stand up. My ears were ringing and I was dizzy. "I have to fly the plane." He told me but I couldn't hear him clearly.

"No, I can stop this" I argued.

"I'll stop the plane, you will save the world" he said to me before he put his old brown watch in my hand and ran off. I watched him climb into the plane as it was about to take off. He threw the German soldiers out and flew it into the air. Another blast of energy hit me and I fell. I looked up and saw the son of war walking over to me. I tried to stand up and gain my balance but I fell again landing on my side.

"You could be so much more than mommy's little princess we could rule the world of mortals together." He argued. I stood up and picked up my sword, staring him dead in the eyes that reflected my own in a darker tint.

"You are a monster!" I yelled as I went to swing my sword at him. He pushed me back then started throwing metal blades at me immediately. I tried to dodge them but one cut my face and I fell to the ground as the warm blood dripped down. He knocked a pile of rubble on top of me and I was trapped.

"For a mighty Amazon you haven't mastered your strength" he called. I was struggling to breathe as if all the air was being taken from my lungs. I looked up to the sky and saw the plane. I felt something. I felt a connection to that plane. I closed my eyes for a moment. Focused on that feeling. I saw Mitchell flying the plane with a grenade in his hand and he pulled the pin. I opened my eyes and looked up again and the plane had exploded into a fiery red cloud in the night sky. My eyes filled with tears.

"No!" I cried. I felt all of my anger and sadness build up inside me. I broke through the rubble and jumped to my feet. I was ready to end this fight. To end the war.

"They are weak humans who don't deserve us Diana, we are gods" he told me. I looked up at the sky to where the plane had exploded. Then I looked over at the boys who were huddled together. They were scared and mourning Mitchell's death I could feel it somehow.

"Your right. They don't deserve us but I believe in using my power to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. I will continue to protect these people from dangers like you or I will die trying because they don't deserve to die." I walked closer to him. He struck me with energy again but this time I controlled it and I used it. I leaped into the air and crossed my arms together causing a force of energy to hit the son of war. After the light had disappeared so did he.

I slowly floated down from the sky. I looked around at the destruction. The peace. The night sky was clear and you could see almost every star.

The previously busy base was now silent. The soldiers were making peace with each other.

Callum Jayden and Harry ran over to me once I reached the ground. We silently hugged while we took a moment of silence for Mitchell the real hero. We wrapped our arms around each other and bowed our heads.

"He was a great friend," Harry said quietly.

"Yeah he was like a brother to me" Callum recalled softly with a sad smile on his face.

"He was a better man than I could ever be," Jayden stated.

"I can't believe he's gone," I told them.

—————————————-
Question of the day: what did you think of Mitchell?

Please share this story with your friends and give it a vote it would mean the world to me knowing people are reading and enjoying my story's!