Mortal Kombat 11

"You--You should thank me, Raiden. Our battle changed you. For the better."

"Be silent, Shinnok." Raiden or Dark Raiden said as he was to be referred to in this timeline.

"But you wear my amulet. Finally, you embrace the truth the Elder Gods deny. The truth I was cast out for speaking.

"The truth I embrace Shinnok, is that mercy is wasted on those who defile Earthrealm. I will destroy our enemies before they destroy us. Starting with you."

"How, Raiden? Not even you can kill an Elder God." Shinnok said as Dark Raiden charges at the dethroned Netherrealm king.

"There are fates worse than death." He chops Shinnok's head off with his lightning blade. "I will deliver you to Liu Kang and your Netherrealm minions. You will serve as warning, and an emblem of my wrath."

He teleports away. A woman appears.

"This was not your destiny, Shinnok. Once again, the Thunder God has upset the balance of history. But know this -- the arc of the universe bends to my will." She said as she stops the blood flowing from the chopped head of Shinnok. "It is only a matter of time."

The realms were in danger, but this time from time itself. The defenders of Earthrealm have to prepare.