4.13 After School Special - part 1

(Third POV)

It's lunch time, and the "popular" table is full of cheerleaders and jocks. "She's such a slut." Girl 1 says. "So? Personally, I'm very pro-slut. What happened, anyway?" Boy 1 asks confused. "She totally banged Jamie Jaffe, that's what. She gave him the reverse cowgirl and everything." Girl 1 says again.

Taylor walks up to the table, looking for a place to sit down. "Hi, Taylor. How was your weekend?" Girl 1 asks fakely. "Fine, I guess." Taylor says, shrugging her shoulders. "You didn't... go to the rodeo?" Girl 1 asks.

"That's my spot." Taylor says to someone at the table, sitting in her seat. "Sorry. This is a skeev-free zone." Girl 1 says again, now laughing. "Slut!" Boy 1 yells. "Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut!" the whole table starts chanting. Taylor storms off, slams down her tray and sits down at another table. The only other person at the table is April, an overweight shy girl.

"You shouldn't listen to those jerks." April says, making Taylor look at her with a frown. "Leave me alone." Taylor says snidely. "I just mean... I'm sorry, that's all." April says. "You? You're sorry? Don't you feel sorry for me, you fat, ugly pig." Taylor yells. April is upset and leaves the table in a hurry.

...

Taylor is upset, looking at herself in the mirror. She has been crying. She doesn't see April approach her from one of the stalls. "Do you think I'm ugly?" April asks her. "Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean it, okay?" Taylor says.

April grabs Taylor and slams her around, hitting her head hard on the mirror and sink, then dragging her to one of the stalls, making Taylor scream. "I'm not ugly." April says.

April holds Taylor's head under water in the toilet until she stops struggling. April lets Taylor fall to the ground, looks down at the unmoving body, and black goo (ectoplasm) comes out of one of her eyes. "You're ugly." She says again.

...

(Your POV)

I'm currently in hospital whites, dressed as an orderly. I'm sitting in a chair with a clipboard talking to April. "I'm not talking about it anymore. I already told the cops and the doctors. No one believes me. They think I'm crazy." April says, making me frown a little.

"Well, I'm a little bit more open-minded than most. April, why did you tell the police you were possessed?" I ask, seeing her shake her head at me. "It doesn't matter." April says, shrugging her shoulders.

"It matters to me." I say as kindly as possible. "When I -- when I hurt Taylor, I was there, in my head, but I couldn't control my body. I could see what I was doing, but I couldn't stop. I just wanted to stop. I'm sorry." April says, making me nod.

"You don't need to apologize. April, some of the kids at school told the police that you and Taylor didn't get along." I say, seeing her nod at this. "Well, yeah, but I never wanted to kill her. Never. Do you believe me?" April asks. I nod at her and she sighs in relief.

"Yeah, I do. Just a couple more questions. On the day this happened, did you... happen to smell anything?" I ask awkwardly, seeing her frown at that. "Anything... like what?" she asks me confused.

"Like rotten eggs or... sulfur?" I ask. "Um, no." she says, shaking her head at me with a confused look on her face. "Okay. Um, did you notice any black smoke?" I ask again, making her frown at me. "What are you, crazy?" She asks me, making me nervously laugh.