The Lantern Rite Festival

On the day of the first full moon each year, the people of Liyue celebrate Lantern Rite. At nighttime, everyone in Liyue releases Xiao Lanterns and the Mingxiao Lantern into the bright night sky.

Xiao Lanterns is lantern that filled with the wish of the people, in Lantern Rite Festival, everyone created Xiao Lanterns and write their wishes in the lantern then release it, hoping their wish will reach the sky, and someday be granted.

Zhongli wanders around in Liyue, seeing the people that he dears so much, being lively and working hard for the Lantern Rite festival. It can't be believed that this city is almost got destroyed few months back by the re-awakening of Overlord of the Vortex, Osial.

In preparation for the Lantern Rite, everyone in Liyue take part to make the festival going.

Children, parents, young and old people alike, cook, civil servants, Milielith, pretty much everyone in Liyue are anticipating this festival. Including the undercover Archon, but also the human governor of Liyue, the Qixing. One of them is Ningguang, the Tianquan of the Qixing, the one who set the rule for Laws and Governance in Liyue.

Having to sacrifice her Jade Chamber in the battle against Osial, Ningguang ensures the victory of Liyue against ancient evil god. Now, not living in the flying fortress in the sky anymore, Ningguang walked with the people she's governing. Today, not as a Qixing, but as an ordinary Liyue citizen.

"Lady Ningguang."

"Oh, Master Zhongli,"

"Please, no need for formalities,"

"Thank you for helping out in the Rite of Parting," Ningguang bows her head to Zhongli

"Oh no, it's only work." Zhongli bows down his head too, then continues, "It is only fitting for me, one of Liyue citizens, taking part of releasing our Archon, giving him his eternal rest, after watching over Liyue for so long..."

Zhongli said while staring in the distance.

"You seems to know much about Liyue custom, especially one funeral ritual so old, for someone who's just 'working' as a Funeral Consultant,"

"I only have good memories, that's all,"

Ningguang stares sharply to Zhongli, having doubts about what he said.

Afterall, the way Wangshen Funeral Parlor when tasked preparing The Rite of Parting is not like the textbook style, only following rules as written in ancient text. It feels like, it's prepared by one family, so precise and quite complicated.

"Here to enjoy the festival?" Zhongli then asked, breaking the subtle tension between them.

"Ofcourse, it is not often for a Qixing to take a break from their work and enjoy festival, especially after what the Liyue have been through."

"I see. It must be rough what happened few months back."

"Certainly is. But it is the duty of the Qixing to protect the people of Liyue, alongside with our adepti forebearers."

"Shall we head together, then?"

"Please, it would be nice if I have a company with me,"