first day.

Jacob was just a normal student. But maybe it all changed after he saw Kevin Moon, crying in one of the bathroom stall.

Maybe he wants to add something extra to his status. Maybe add a lifesaver? A sunshine? A happy pill? An angel?

Perhaps those are too extra. 

But Jacob did want to make Kevin happy. And that was his only goal.

Perhaps the ending would be.. sad? happy? Jacob himself doesnt know.

But he will try his best to make Kevin happy.

But maybe his status is a lie. He is already an angel himself. Maybe he wanted to down to earth to make another depressed kid happy.

And here he is, being the "normal student" he is.

Jacob looked at his watch, it was 13:28. Nice. School's almost over.

Only two minutes left, which he rather spend it at the bathroom rather than listening to his teacher.

So he did.

Luckily, he got his teacher's permission to go to the bathroom.

As he walks to the bathroom, he looked around, looking at the empty hallways. Seems creepy.

But he shrugged it off and entered the bathroom.

Once he entered, he stretched his arms right away.

Then he smiles.

'Finally, I dont have to-'

And that was when he heard a sob from the last bathroom stall.

His eyebrows met as he walks closer to the stall.

The door was slightly open. Which Jacob took it as an advantage to look at whoever is inside the stall.

But the only thing he could see is a little bit of the person's hair which is kind of reddish coloured.

And Jacob knows that the person is leaning to the door.

He then knocks politely. Not wanting to make the other one uncomfortable by pushing the door.

"Hey um.. are you okay?"

The other boy was startled. He quickly wipes his tears away. Even Jacob can see it by his panicked actions.

"I-Im fine-"

"Hey uhm.. Its alright if you wanna talk to me..-"

"Go away. I'm peeing..?"

The other boy starts to pour his drink ito the toilet, to make it more even believable.

Jacob crossed his arms, "I can clearly see that you're lying"

"A-And how's that..?" The sound of water pouring starts to fade away. Which means the other boy starts to stop pouring his drink.

"Your door.. is not fully locked? Mind if I-" And he was cut off by a slam.

The other boy can be heard leaning his back to the door again.

"No. Go away. School's about to end. Just go home already"

"Shouldnt I be the one saying that to you?"

The other boy sighs, "Why do you even care. Just go already"

"Of course I do care. Dont the people who love you care about you?"

Then he heard a sob.

"N-No.. I-I dont have any f-friends.. N-Now go.. please"

"I can be your friend"

Jacob then heard the other boy gasped. "Y-You will..?"

"Of course!"

"Now will you go out?"

He heard the other boy took a deep breath. But he didnt mind if the other one needs some time first.

And finally after a few minutes, the door finally opens. Revealing the one and only, Moon Kevin.

His head was titled down and his sweater looked messy af.

Jacob really wanted to give him a hug but he was afraid if the other will be uncomfortable.

"Sorry if I look like shit right now.." Kevin apologized which made Jacob smiles.

"No its alright. No need to apologize!"

"A-Are we friends now..?" Kevin asked, still looking down.

"Of course we are! If you ever need a hug, go ahead and hug-"

Kevin didnt hesitate to hug Jacob as soon as he heard the word hug. He really needed one after all.

Jacob sure was startled by it. But he was glad that he can at least make Kevin a bit better by a hug.

Jacob lets his mouth curved into a smile again. He then hugs him back and pats his back.

"You can always talk to me. Your secrets will be always safe with me.."

And that's what it takes.

Kevin brought him to his dorm to talk about it. Since he really needed a friend to talk about it. And that was when Jacob came a long. Which made him felt a bit better of course.

"I-Im sorry if it sounds stupid but.."

"D-Do you know.. C-Chanhee?"

Jacob nods. "Yeah I know him. He.. uhm.. he was the one who died recently.. right"

Kevin nods slowly, "Y-Yeah about him.."

"He was the one who sacrificed his life for me..."

"And I felt bad.."

"The way he ran to me and hugged me right away to prevent me from getting shot hurts.."

Tears starts to escape Kevin's eyes which soften Jacob's eyes. Jacob almost, almost cried seeing the sight. But somehow, his tears doesnt want to escape his eyes.

"T-The whole school knows about it.."

"A-And I would.. g-get bullied about it.."

"H-Here I am I guess.."

Jacob cannot hold himself anymore. He just decided to give in and hugs Kevin right away.

"Im sorry to hear that.. I promise you I will protect you from now on!"

"And one more thing.. I will stay by your side no matter what!"

Kevin starts to hug back. "E-Even if I am doing at my w-worst..?"

"Of course! Cause that is what friends do, right?"

And that was the first day he spent with the boy in his goal.