D-1

"Ehem, my fair lady. Do you want to hear a story?" The swordsman asked.

"Oh? Do tell."

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl. She lived in a warm family. She had people that love and care for her and warm home. As she grew up she realized how cruel the world is and how people can be mean. She wished she was little again and clueless. She was hurt by the people that she calls her friends and not just once. So she wears a mask that smiles. When people ask if she is okay, she just smiles and says she's fine when her heart is crying. Whenever she tries to tell how she really feels, everything that comes out of her mouth becomes a joke to them. She is afraid that she'll burden them with her own feelings. In the end, she didn't tell anyone about how she felt and kept the pain for herself. Even in the cruel world, she prefers to see everyone else happier than to let the whole world know she's sad." The swordsman paused.

"What happened to the little girl?"

"She's asleep." The princess didn't say anything more.

"The reason I tell you this story is so that you don't end up like her. You never really tell me anything. So tell me. I'll listen to you whenever you want to talk."

The princess stopped walking and stared ahead. Her heart felt heavy and the swordsman wiped away the tear that fell off her eye. The princess wiped away her tears and didn't smile this time.

"How long? How long have you held in your built up anger and emotions? Don't hold back anymore. It's okay to cry, everyone including the sky does it too. Just because you cry doesn't mean that you are weak. It just means that you've been strong for too long. Let it out. Being strong all the time is just impossible," The swordsman hugged the princess as she cried harder, "Cry as hard as you want, I'll be here to wipe those tears away. Some people may say that you're too sensitive, but the truth is you just feel too much and that's okay. When you cry it means you have a heart. I know you're strong but while I'm here you don't need to keep your guard up. Cry your heart out."

The swordsman tightened his hug and stroked her head. After a few moments of sobs and tears, the princess finally calmed herself, but the swordsman never let go.

"I'm sorry for wetting your shirt," said the princess.

"It's okay. Your tears are more precious than diamonds and you're beautiful even when you look like a mess. Think of it as decorating my shirt." The princess chuckled. "Do you feel better?"

"Yes, I feel like the weight on my heart got lifted." The swordsman hummed in reply. "I believe in magic now."

"Oh? Really?"

"Mhm, if meeting you is magic then I believe in magic."

"What kind of logic is that," the swordsman laughed, "but as long as you believe in magic, then I'm fine with it."